Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quest reg dial up window

Options
  • 26-08-2003 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Just reinstalled my OS and am running Xp/Ms Explorer v6,I have a DSL connection.Before I reinstalled when I would click on the Explorer icon it would bring up the broswer along with the dial up box,which I would click on to connect to the net.But now when I do the same all that comes up is the broswer and I have to go back out and click on the short cut on my desktop for the net connection.Can not find the option to tick to go back to the old way,anyone know?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stiabhna

Did you have a default homepage defined before? If so, the browser probably prompted you to connect to the Internet to display it.

If you have a blank page as a homepage, you won't be prompted to connect.

Methinks anyway...

Stephen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

No still using IOL's homepage,I had this trouble before and it was an option I had to tick to bring up the dial-up/connect window when I clicked on my broswer icon just cant remember.But thanks anyway

Will have a look when I go home - am on a Win NT machine in the office.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks Stiabhna found it in the end,it was in Tools/internet options/connections.I had not selected "Dial my default connection" silly boy,appreciate your time

No probs.

S. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement