Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest domains?

Options
  • 26-08-2003 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

im after a new .com. where the cheapest to register??
    gar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

Cheapest I've heard of is godaddy.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Check the links in the hosting forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You could also try contacting your current host.

Originally posted by blacknight
    You could also try contacting your current host.

Maybe you're too dear Michele :p:D

Originally posted by steve-hosting36
    Maybe you're too dear Michele :p:D

There may be hosting companies and/or registrars offering cheaper domain registrations, but I am not aware of any in the 32 counties.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Cheapest domains I've seen ever and from a fairly reliable well known company. .com's are currently $5 I think

http://www.rackshack.net

Originally posted by Graham
    Cheapest domains I've seen ever and from a fairly reliable well known company. .com's are currently $5 I think

http://www.rackshack.net

Feedback on their domain registration service:
    http://www.forumsupport.com/showthread.php?t=329

Not so positive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

They're selling those domain names at a loss of a buck to pull in more business, which is really annoying for people that host with them. How many people that buy doms for a fiver are going to take a dedicated server? All they're doing is hurting their existing customers. Robert Marsh can shove his servers up his arse, I'm moving out of their at the first available opportunity.

(Did I mention that RackShack hosts StormFront?)

adam

Originally posted by dahamsta

(Did I mention that RackShack hosts StormFront?)
    Not here - but I saw it elsewhere, plus I knew anyway.

Of course they are offering them at a loss in order to get more business, but in common with so much of the US market the prices involved are silly - so silly that it surprises me that they can pay ANY staff at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Originally posted by blacknight
    Not here - but I saw it elsewhere, plus I knew anyway.

Of course they are offering them at a loss in order to get more business, but in common with so much of the US market the prices involved are silly - so silly that it surprises me that they can pay ANY staff at all

Dont you offer .ie's at a loss nighty? Or are you just getting them at a better price than others?

I make a loss when I give a free domain with hosting, to be honest adam is right what 5 buck domain customer is going to buy a server from rackshack and actually keep it. The odd one or two. Robert Marsh has made some bad choices time and time again however you got to hand it to him on his pricing however for a new person starting out I would not send them to rackshack due to the lack of support if you have a steady hand with linux and read into their policys before making mistakes they can be a good decent host are for me however I am sorry I have so much which them at this point and I didnt keep things more local.

• Advertisement

We don't get preferential prices from the IEDR, but we aren't making a loss either.

The IEDR charge €50 for a .ie domain, and the price decreases slightly with volume (ie: 1000 domains plus)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Originally posted by steve-hosting36
    The IEDR charge €50 for a .ie domain, and the price decreases slightly with volume (ie: 1000 domains plus)

Yeah thats the price we are getting plus the VAT of coarse, I thought Mr Night was getting a better deal than all of us when I saw he had domains for 45 yoyos. :)

Was getting worried there. :D

Advertisement