Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

q1 configs etc for q2 muppets

Options
  • 15-04-1999 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

okey dokey,

a very nice person has allowed me to get my mitts on win quake and quakeworld (wtf is the difference?) and now i have a few questions.

do these 2 programs work of the same pak? i will assume so that you can play the same levels from both?

is there a quick weapon change alias (i couldnt be bothered to look for one to be honest) that someone can speed me to?

it seems that this wee version has all those e1m2 whatever levels right up to e4whatever
    and the deathmatch arenas. which are the best? which do yis usually play? and if i want to play on ye ol quake.ie servers do i need to get anymore?

last but by no means least....
    what address' are most popular.

/me puts on his helmet and flak-jacket and prepares to be buggered sensless

white(what am i doing)wash

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Scarab

Yes.

Yes.

Depends on what weapon u want to change to..
    Impulse 1 = axe
    Impulse 2 = shotgun
    Impulse 3 = Double Shoutgun
    Impulse 4 = Nailgun
    Impulse 5 = Super Nailgun
    Impulse 6 = Grenade Launcher
    Impulse 7 = Rocket Launcher
    Impulse 8 = Lightening Gun

So a weapon change script say if you only want to select a non explosive weapon would be...

bind <key> "impulse 2;wait;impulse 3;wait;impulse 4;wait;impulse 5;wait;impulse 8"

and that will select the best that you have.

Levels u need are pretty much contained in the pak files, play DM2, DM3, DM4, DM6 and E1M2, and on occasion E4M3.

Best Servers are:

quake.indigo.ie:28000

and

quake.indigo.ie:29000

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ta very much me ol flower

now i have something in to do in work today
    smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Eamon...

Quakeworld isn't actually anything to do with the game per say - it's only to play online thru the QW servers. It helps online play by trying to balance pings and other really important stuff like that curlydav.gif
    As for the other questions - Scarab's answered it all there curlydav.gif

About tonight's encounter...
    I can only get my hands on Shareware version cause Alastair (Trojan) forgot to give me back my CD!!! Anyway - We'll still be fit in a game or two cause The House of Chthon is (as you know) on the shareware.

Talk to between 8 and 9ish on IRC, OK?

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

the default physics in quakeworld are different from winquake, but the real reason everyone plays Quakeworld now isnt really the physics, its cos quakeworld fixes many of the winquake bugs (eg. in winquake the weapon fires wayy off the crosshair).
    also, quakeworld IS the new version of winquake, you can change the physics to suit yourself technically. There are some changes in quakeworld, eg. the shaft does more damage at long range than in winquake, and finally the spawns in quakeworld are random, while the spawns in winquake are in a set order for every level.. bit stupid really, cos all you have to do to find the spawn sequence is to goto the level, and keep typing kill... its the same every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dupre

bind g "say This is a message of distraction"

A handy little bind to have during duels. Has bought me a few cheapo frags in the past (eh Koopa ... tongue.gif).

• Advertisement

well now koopa, as it happens i have a copy of your config and am willing to sell it to the highest bidder.
    bidding starts at 25p

insert brain here----> ?
    mad man.
    must give you a game next time im up in dcu. mind you, being a horrible student, you have exams soon sad.gif
    imi sure i'll be up there within a week or two. go on, you know you want me!
    whitewash

yeah sure man, tell me time youre coming an ill give ya a tour of dcu's gaming facilities (and trinity, if you can spare 80p for bus smile.gif)
    apparently trinity has a main server running 12 hrs a day or something with lotsa muppets on.. mmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

won't be able to get a computer during the day in dcu for the next three weeks cos of exams smile.gif
    stupid BS students hehe

bahh trinity sh1ts!

being an old head from dcu i'll stick where me hearts at!
    anyway, as captain of their 2nds hockey team next year, i of course will abuse all my privilages and sit up all night in the ca building (ohhhh the days of 12 hour civ sessions in there smile.gif) playing quake!

bring back the good ol days when there was no bar (prolly better of. the guiness is still sh1t) no sports centre, no astroturf.. um hold on, i like the astro, no physics building and that stupid pond in the middle of the campus
    white(old timer)wash

haha, we skip all our lectures in the physics building.. by the time we get there, we're already late smile.gif

• Advertisement

There hasnt been water in that pond since 1823, when there was also ye olde shoppe.

and there were games like mr wardner (a f*cking classic), street fighter, pang and cadillacs and dinosaurs t play on in the games room. oh and 2 manky pool tables if you had enough rubles to afford the likes.
    is geremy kerr still out there?
    last i heard he was running for su president or something. he started the year after me ffs!
    ahhhhh, if only i was back in college. the drinking, the sex, the partying.
    THE EXAMS

hohoho
    take it students!
    whitewashman
    Yer'Ma
    Pebble

i need another name!

NO WAY, THEY HAD STREETFIGHTER AND GOT RID OF IT!!!!!

We now have such class games as tetris, space invanders and some other ******.

But we now have 5 pool tables and another 6 in the bar, Hmmmm is that the Jeremy that is doing Physics? Last SU president was Dave Flynn and Jeremey is always up there, if that is who you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

????

hahahahaha
    clever ****s removed streetfighter machine and sold it, replaced it with a £5 'pang' (some weird balloon game) machine

YES AND I KICK URE ASS AT IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

ya i used to rule at Street Fighter 2, it was ****e though
    ya should be happy with Pang, that game rokx smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

quake in the ca labs WWman?? haha u'll be lucky tho they are open 24 hours now for ppl with ehhh "projects" muhahaha

pang eh? hmm it better be super pang.
    only game i ever finished in the arcade smile.gif
    hehe

no, he was talking about pang smile.gif
    id kick his ass in streetfighter anyday!! (om nyom)

No Way, only on keyboard wink.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Damn, I'm sorry I missed goin down to DCU then now sam:/
    I missed some great laughs on Pang! smile.gif
    Forget the Quake Pang rulez, anyone know where i can find a copy of it 4 the pc smile.gif

Advertisement