Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Abit IC7/IS7 NB cooler

Options
  • 26-08-2003 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

I ordered a replacement northbridge cooler for my IC7-G on friday evening from www.excaliberpc.com and I got it today ... theyre in California btw ... excellent service ... 22 euros approx for the cooler, a 5 gm tube of artic silver 3 and p&p ... not too shabby ....

And I was just checking out the cost of a couple more sticks or ram and they offer 2x256 pc3200 sticks of mushkin level 2 ..(2,2,2,5) for 185 dollas, compared to 215 euros from pc-memory-upgrade.co.uk for the same thing (granted they have free shipping)

All payments are through paypal as well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

d'oh ...forgot to say that the nb cooler looks the business, comes with a thermal pad and GETS IN THE WAY OF MY DAMN ZALMAN 6500alcu ...buggerit ... something is going to get attacked with a hacksaw ....:mad:

and in the previous post I said 5gm of AS3, its actually 3gm's :rolleyes: ... must learn to read ... but its going to get put to good use on my northbridge, graphics card and cpu :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

erm i was to the understanding that abit will relpace the orb fan if it goes faulty on your ic7-g.

i'm probaly wrong tho

i'll just wait until my fan buggers up then i get the replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Yeah, I was looking at the abit forums ... and SOME people get the fan sent out to them free of charge if you get talking to the right person or hassle them enough. Thats a UK number, how long do you want to stay on the phone trying to get a 'free' fan ... I needed it because my nb cooler is starting to sound like a mosquito .... fecking annoying thing:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

you can just email abit and they'll send you a replacement northbridge cooler for your motherboard (ic7/is7), it's a much bigger monster than the little wimpy blue orb thingy.

i emailed them regarding something completely different, i broke the hold down device while trying to mount a waterblock, and the guy offered to send me the replacement cooler along with the rest of the stuff - free of charge. and i know i violated the warranty so i wasn't really expecting anything. :)

but thanks for the link, it's nice to hear of a store that will ship to ireland for a reasonable cost. usually they charge you something like $98 for a $5 thermal grease! :rolleyes:

Advertisement