Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An open letter to DeVore

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

who is sloth?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

mmmm...typing monkey.........

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Wook
    clearly whoever this guy is , he has spend some time thinking and writing about it. I would think that is something important to him?
    I believe that his intentions are good. He's fighting a battle on behalf of someone who, on the evidence, doesn't deserve the effort Colin is going to though IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

Originally posted by sceptre
    I believe that his intentions are good. He's fighting a battle on behalf of someone who, on the evidence, doesn't deserve the effort Colin is going to though IMHO.

i think you are right about that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Sloth is Colin.
    Doing what he does best.Stirring the *hite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Originally posted by freedomF
    A similar approach was taken to a statement made by Comrade Puck if we recall correctly.
    Jesus, what's this tit on about now?!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Shut up Puck. FreedomF has the ability to predict future events.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Originally posted by GoneShootin
    your on the wrong website my friend :)

Or the wrong internet.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Originally posted by ecksor
    Shut up Puck. FreedomF has the ability to predict future events.
    Help! Help! I'm being oppressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

*me dusts off below sign :)

freesloth.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by Sposs
    *me dusts off below sign :)

freesloth.jpg

...or lets not ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

your on the wrong website my friend :)

My remark applies only for a given definition of idiotic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Originally posted by Puck
    Help! Help! I'm being oppressed!

I have tears streaming down my face with laughter.

ColinM: This is the person you are putting yourself on the block for. Mind you the reason the admins are so impatient with him in that thread is because it was things like that day, after day, after day. Also bear in mind that Detonated Sauce is Sloth and you get a picture of the stress he caused the Admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    who is sloth?

just about to ask the same question.

I've a vague recollection of seeing that nick....but tbh, I could care less.

I'm still smiling at the goldfish.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hang on a second, the "letter" was written to me. So let me answer it.

I wont quote all of it as a lot of it is just setting the scene for a final comment.

ColinM, I always listen to civil points of view regardless of whether they agree or disagree with mine. I listen and reconsider my decision based on any new information received.

I dont know how you can say I "havent listened". I have, I responded on your very thread, I just dont agree with you or see any upside to allowing the Sloth character to return. He brought me nothing but headache. Apologies are not necessary and dont speak as loudly as actions. If the person who is Sloth truely wished to return and has changed their idiocy (which I doubt) then they can register a new account and go about their business. I'll never be the wiser.

Other then that I've listened to what you've said (and to be honest you have given no clear reason why I should make any concession to Sloth) and my answer is that he, and the rest of his personae, remain banned.
    Thats my decision having listened to everyone. Please respect it.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by DeVore
    If the person who is Sloth truely wished to return and has changed their idiocy (which I doubt) then they can register a new account and go about their business. I'll never be the wiser.

Other then that I've listened to what you've said (and to be honest you have given no clear reason why I should make any concession to Sloth) and my answer is that he, and the rest of his personae, remain banned.
    Thats my decision having listened to everyone. Please respect it.

DeV.

Speaking from experience, this is very true, and the admins around here are fair. think of some of the mindless crap i said when i first arrived here, and the repeated bannings and warnings. No body thought i could turn myself around but it happened, even because a mod here for a short period, untill certain people (you knwo who you are) made it clear that i'd have no peace as a moderator here and that i should leave. but hey i' still around. No body really know what i'm like, am i a muppet or something else, theres a card somewhere that says muppet.

anywho the point is that if people change, then they will be forgotten which is as good as you can hope for.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

no ! don't finish this thread in such a reasonable and fair manner.

make the monkey dance ! Sloth is being opressed ! Fight the power !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I was awaiting an open letter to ColinM from DeVore, slightly disappointed :)

I must admit, I admire the manner in which he (ColinM) defended Sloth's integrity! We all... stand... together! Bom bom (a la frog chorus).

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

*clutches head in palms*

Cloud... sometimes you are just too frickin' weird!

DeV.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

[BCloud... sometimes you are just too frickin' weird![/B]

and that's why I love boards so much
    the weirdness :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Personnally I thought he was leading up to asking Dev on a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Cloud... sometimes you are just too frickin' weird!

Only sometimes? Waaa!

/me ramps up the weirdness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

oh my :D

/me looks from Cloud to Dev and back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

listen, is it possible that we can set up a special board for people to post on that when they are banned from everywhere else, they can still, like, post from there , and like, defend themselves and their nation til the bitter end?

or maybe i should just stop reading the feedback forums?
    still, you open a site up to the world, and this is what happens. people get embroiled ina time consumming debate over someone that no one cares about, on a topic, no one cares about over something, that no one still continues to care about.

i feel ive lost 2 minutew of my life catching up on this thread.
    im going to post in my journal about it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

thread locked

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

thread locked
    Does that ever work for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

no

:(

*sob*

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    listen, is it possible that we can set up a special board for people to post on that when they are banned from everywhere else, they can still, like, post from there , and like, defend themselves and their nation til the bitter end?
    You don't know about the prison forum?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=81

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Gordon
    You don't know about the prison forum?

Gordie, I think that was WWM using his Sarcasm Device on Turbo
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Foiled.

Bah.

This discussion has been closed.