Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox and dvds

Options
  • 27-08-2003 1:28am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering if my unchipped xbox will play pirate dvds. as far as i know they are region 2, but I heard the xbox can tell if a dvd is a recordable one or a pirate and wont play it as if it is another region.

The reason i ask is because i heard of a nearby shop that sells decent dvds of movies that are only out in the cinemas, or not even yet, for like €10, I assume theyre region 1 ports, but a friend who got some says their good quality.

Flogen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

it will play them as long as the region has been taken off the film you are buying , alternatively you could get it chipped and put the region free dongle on your xbox which makes it a really good dvd player! Also it depends on what type of media the films are burned on as xbox can be fussy with dvdrs so just try one film first...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

They are not actually DVDs they are crappy pirates just on DVD best avoiding quality can be crap on most.
    Think crappy handheld with people walking by and coughing but instead of video its a dvd with a nice looking case.

kdjac

Advertisement