Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q3 CTF maps for DS7

Options
  • 27-08-2003 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

OK, I want suggestions for a map list for the 4v4 ctf competition at Darkside VII.
    If a map list can be agreed in the next week or so, I will make it final so people can start practicing.
    Maybe someone (Illkillya ??) can have the final say, as I'm sure everyone will have their own favourites.

Bio

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

The maps that are decided are as follows

q3ctf2: Troubled Waters
    q3w2: Courtyard Conundrum
    q3wcp1: Japanese Castles
    q3wcp9: Spider Crossings

We may add another to the maplist if people feel it is needed. If you do feel a 5th is needed I'll listen to suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

nice maplist... I was struggling for ages to think of the best maps for this LAN, but I think you've summed it up there :>

w2 and ctf2 can be very boring with defensive teams, especially on LAN, but they are good 4v4 maps that everyone knows.

cp9 is the most popular map in 5v5, although I have never played it in 4v4 it looks like a good choice, a real CTF map powerups et al.

cp1 showed how exciting it can be when aAa played it in their opening game at quakecon... its a good map, some ****ed up spawns but still a definite for the LAN imo.

There are some other good ones.. q3wc6 was good, and q3wcp18 was insane online, would be a laugh to play it on LAN, but its probably better to keep the maplist small with only the well known maps included so that we're not asking too much of the teams without a lot of CTF experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Where can these map be easily downloaded. Preferably in a map-pack of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I'll see if I can get MindPhuck to get all those maps together in one area on quake.ie's ftp - as soon as that's done, the link will be posted.

Bio

Advertisement