Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quicktime will not load [any version]

Options
  • 27-08-2003 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Right now I know Quicktime might work if I reinstall windows but I think I've done that once already at one stage and quicktime still doesn't work on my XP system.
    When I install any version of Quicktime it seems to install okay but then when I run it it just does nothing. Nothing comes up on screen or anything. Absolutely ZIP. Any ideas?

My system is:

ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard with Nvidia Nforce2SPP Chipset[SOUND APU ONBOARD ETC. ETC. - nvidia soundstorm]
    AMD Athlon XP 2600+
    Twinmos PC3200 DDR SDRAM [512MB]
    SEAGATE SERIAL ATA-150 120GB HDD
    MSI GF4 ti4800se [cr*p I know but I will be getting a Radeon soon]
    CHEAPO DVD ROM DRIVE
    OLD HP CD WRITER
    ESS MODEM 56-T

Running Windows XP Pro [no SP] - don't ask. [Single boot]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

try this
    uninstall the program..
    and clear out in ur temp directory

delete the quicktime program files directory

clear any reference of quicktime from the registry..

reboot machine

get newest build and install it to a different directory

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

Right I will give that a go tonight. :)

oh a bit more info - it does come up with the splash screen about registering but then nothing happens. I'll get back tomorrow and post what happens.

:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

Took me ages to get back to this thread but that worked a treat lad. Thanks v much

Advertisement