Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car charger for laptop?

Options
  • 27-08-2003 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I hope this is the correct place to post this, just wondering if there is such a thing as a car charger for a laptop? If so, does anyone know roughly how much they are and where to get em?

Thanks,

DC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Virus_Inc

Just buy an inverter - plug it into yer cigarette lighter socket and away you go :) Make sure you get one that can handle the current draw the laptop requires. They're also a multi purpose device that you can plug other devices into... like a small tv, fridge, etc... all good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Hmmmm ok .... sounds good....now where would I get one of these boys ?

Cheers,

DC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

i've seen one in Rickards car store in Tallaght, can be a bit bulky though. Id like a car charger for my laptop also - but i've never found one, for a Dell 4150

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Virus_Inc

I used to have one which would happily run a VCR, sequencer and a couple of camera modules and it wasn't much bugger than 2 packets of biscuits...

In-car race cam ;) twas all good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

you can get then in purra for fourty odd euros
    12V inupt - output selectable up to 24V - comes with adaptors for various notebooks..

only problem is they are an Italian chainstore

• Advertisement
Advertisement