Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q1muppets run scared -The Sun

Options
  • 17-04-1999 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

well well well,
    it seems that all q1 muppets are running scared of the new force in nature that is me.
    kharn, obviously scared refuse to even show up for our big showdown. on irc last night, both devore and bunny refused point blank with feeble excuses of they were going on the beer or nethouse or something. i swear i could feel dev tremble in his chair when i challenged him.
    the only one to play me was koopa on dm4. and it was only through sheer heroism, desperation on his part and the fact that i am currently on medication because i recently had both my arms amputated that he came out on top. do you know how hard it is to use a mouse wheel with your teeth?
    and he only won coz hes a quad camping whore better than me. if only i still had my two legs id whip his ass. if it were not for that unfortunate rotavator accident......
    so, you q1 muppets. when do i get to play yis ?
    are you all afraid? what ever happened to q1 rules, q2 sucks. q2 may suck as you say, but you q1ers suck even more.
    what a bunch of nambie pambies.
    big girls blouses
    in fact.. big girls wardrobe.

i am waiting.
    lurking
    and i have koopas aimbot config.
    take it q1 muppets.

[CUM]Whitewashman
    leader Clan United Muppets

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Ok WWMan, I'll play ya on q2dm1 (you'll tear me apart since I just aint a q2 player) if you play on dm4 (q1)
    BTW It has to be a late game...as in after 1am

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
    and double f*cking no.
    i hate q2dm1.
    i f*cking loath that level. id play you on match1 if i could figure out how to get the server to play it (is it even on the server?)
    its the q2 version of dm4. not a replica, but the layout is the same.
    and i refuse to play anyone ever again on dm1. koopa raped me onm it last night. but umm, only coz i fell asleep for 9 of the 10 minutes we were playing, and he only one by frag wink.gif
    i'll play dm7 or dm6. theyre both good for duels. or dm3. the rest are too big and i refuse to play dm1.
    i dont know any of the q1 levels, but i will play ya on house of whatshisname... yeah that one.!

/me rushes of and practises his q1dm levels.

ok, a slight setback in those plans
    I installed q2 3.20 and it's ****ed
    in the muliplayer setup it says no valid player models and all the players come up as small yellow diamonds (bout 1/3 the size of the player), I as still able to beat LAN muppets like that, but it's too distracting, and u can't tell the diference between if they're alive r dead.
    Any ideas b4 i reinstall it?

sounds like your missing the weapon paks.
    you often see ppl like shaft and krash running about the servers with these mad yellow dimonds instead of weapons coz they know you wont be able to see what weapon they have. hmm, i call it a form of cheating, but how an ever.
    check to make sure you have all the player modles in the baseq2/players/male or female or cyborg and that the weapon files are there as well. of course i could be completely wrong and its just you f*cked your puter up and have to buy a new one just so you can play q2 smile.gif
    ever so helpful am i not?
    whitewash

ps, just reinstall. and its actually woth forking out 12 quid in game for extremities. specially if you have a habi of erasing your hard drive like i do smile.gif

tongue.gif
    I actually own an original copy of the game, I just never play it cos I think it's ****.
    Now what exactly should I have in the way of player and model files?

• Advertisement

Where can I find this Match1 to d/l it?
    And sure if it's like dm4, why would you have any problem playing there in q1?
    You say that u don't know any q1 levels, but I'm the same for q2

if you have q2 point release 3.20 it shouldd automatically be in your pak1 file
    if you want to get your hands on the 'real' version of dm4 for q2 then head to
    http://www.barrysworld.com/Files/2884821353.asp
    its a direct copy. and the difference between the two is the same as every q1-q2 level. less brown and far bigger smile.gif
    now, come here til i bugger you sensless smile.gif

do ya need 3.20 now to play on the servers, I only have 3.19 installed atm

no, afaik, you dont
    its a bit like tribes.
    you only need v 1.0 to play on a 1.4 server (i think!)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

why don`t you play the other version of dm4 which was mad for q2, tis like exactly the same as the q1 one textures and all..

Ro.

• Advertisement

hmmmmm,
    fucced if i know
    i just play the game!

just reinstall and get the weapon view pak
    should sort aout all yer problems
    and if it doesnt then i guess im just gonna have to kick yer ass in q1
    smile.gif
    wwman.gif

om no sad.gif
    I reinstalled...but my copy is screwed...scratched r somethin (keeps on saying can't find colormap.pcx r somethin. I copied someone esles, but when I run it in gl, the maps look like they aren't vised(the grey coming through)

doesnt really matter, coz i have qw working (although must get glqw coz the game looks cack in freeware.
    mind you, i'll just be swopping it withnicer shades of brown.
    to the server

Yooo sorted, all thanks to BullMacbre nice UL lad(?) who lent me his CD, cheers mate. So now I can play ****e in gl too smile.gif
    Still can't find that match1 map of yours (though I do have q1dm4)
    So name a time and I'll see what I can do
    (try to make it during the weekend after 12pm, cos I'mm too busy to play at any other time these days with exams and deadlins n stuff)
    And make the Q1 level DM4 since it will basically be playin the same level in the 2 games.

OSiriS(aka SuperFlee <----Q2 name, progression from GonZo, as too many Q2ers found that insulting for some reason smile.gif)

well, if you can play evening tomorrow then thats ok, bout 9ish?
    after that i dont know coz im busy all weekend and will be at nethouse on friday night. but im back on nights next week, so whenever im off i'll be up til about 6 in the morning playing!

and im already sick of this q1 lark. you boys certainly dont like letting a newbie have a chance do yis? i cant even find the shaggin weapons in q1 and yis are killing me. i reckon i know ever respawn spot on dm6 backwards

Advertisement