Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flash and word

Options
  • 27-08-2003 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

A quick queery,

I have an interactive demo, and i want it to link to a document that has been written in word, so that when a button is pressed the word document opens in word.

Is this possible at all? Also im using flash 5 not mx.

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

It's possible to link to the document, but not to open it. Instead it will give the user the option to download or open from location. Opening the word doc is controlled by the users settings.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

Figment. what am i looking for here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

It will build a projector for your flash file that will allow you to do what you asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

I think I see what you are getting at - you are able to access a command prompt, which in turn will allow you to run Word to open a document - but this will only be of use if the file is resident in the same location all the time right?????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

yeah. essentially, if the file is document.doc and it is in the same folder as the flash file what would the action script be?

Advertisement