Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cert - Degree: Fee's ?

• 27-08-2003 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently doing a nati. cert. I am making the assumption I will pass it etc. :)

I;ve no real intention of staying on to do the degree in the college I'm at the moment as I find the place depressing :)

I do plan on earning a degree else where

However: Most places will let me transfer into second year of the degree (including current place. NCI)

I am under the impression that the government pays for 1 of each years you can do at under graduate level (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc.)

Does this mean that if / when I transfer I will have to pay fee's for second year ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭ceewa

i dont think you have to pay fees. you would if you were repeating a year again.

transfering to continue on for your degree is a different story you have to do that year so they dont make you pay fees for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

if your going thorugh the stages you don't pay a fee, like getting the cert, then diploma then degree, only if you repeat will you pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

It's free education man
    (for the time being anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,113 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No,

once you transfer from a cert to a diploma or degree you do not have to pay fees

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement