Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jedi Academy

Options
  • 27-08-2003 3:00pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

First impressions:

looks good, graphics are nice
    Light saber is cool
    Physics look good
    Story line draws you in quickly

Starts out with a few cut sequences and a short mission to let you get a feel. You can do various moves with your light saber and it marks anything it touches. When you get an enemy with it it leaves red burning marks on them (even after they are dead)

You have to cut down some trees with it aswell, you can't cut down any tree though which is a pitty ;)

Then some training which is short and easy.

Kyle is your Jedi master BTW

Next you move on to the missions, you are given a selection of missions on various planets. Iv only gone on to one so far.

There is potential to learn loads of extra force moves, both light and dark. U customise your avatar and light saber but the selection is prety slim. Initially u can only have one standard saber but as far as i know u can get 2 sabers or a double edged saber later....

Force speed is cool, everything slows down so u get extra time to react to enemys and the enviorment.

Looks like it will keep ya going anyway. I started on the Jedi skill level but its been very easy so far, so maybe a higher level would be better...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm not too interested in this game. Didn't like Jedi Knight Outcast too much although it was the best of Ravens bad bunch. Also don't think that Raven have it in them to develop a decent game. I'll wait for the reactions of other gamers and not just the star wars fanatics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

You still said you would get it for me though Retro. What is up with your email these days?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The e-mail is fecked up again. Got no e-mails at all today that were from outside work.

Tell me the release date and i'll get it for you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I havent played it enough to decied if its going to be rellay good and i havent played any of the orignal ones (bar a short play of the first)

Its funny u have to be care full with the light saber it will kill your friends if u walk to close to them and accidently stab them. It crackles and hisses in the rain as the drops hit off it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

...is it out yet?!

I'll probably get it, tbh.
    I really enjoyed the previous Jedi Knight games hugely.
    Seems like they're making the sligtly RPG-ish elements of the games more prominent.
    Which can only be a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

I'll probably get it. I liked the last one. Twas just so freaking cool weilding a lightsaber. I was all "WING WEEING WING".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Is it worth buying if you bought Jedi Outcast?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Never played out cast....

This one is losing its playabilty for me anyway, im goignto stick out another couple of missions but its all the same so far (appart from dodging the sand worm tremours style)

Its fun to squeez the throat of the bad guys then blast them off the edge with Force Lightening but thats only fun for a while...

I prefered ST: Elite Forces 2 for game play anyway....

Advertisement