Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reading

• 27-08-2003 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

Any of you monkeys at the Reading Festival? What did you think? Best bands?

For me the highlight had to be the yeah, yeah, yeahs, who those in the know where watching instead of those metal berks metallica!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

yeh im still recovering unfortunately, took the past 3 days off work and just lying in bed watching some dvd's..

best act, hmmm dont really know.. im not a big punk or metal fan so main acts i was going to see were beck & blur.

Blur started off well with a couple of old classics (girls & boys i particuarly enjoyed), but one major thing i noticed with them is they were missing out a fair bit of lead guitar in some songs now that graham coxon(sp?) left... dunno if it was copyrighted or what but i certainly missed it. Once they went into there new kinda depressing stuff though it just kinda went downhill, that mixed with the fact of i was getting squashed up the front so moved to the back, the sound engineers must have been really crap as all i could hear when i stood at the back was the bass and dance music coming from the dance tent.

Beck was faboulous i thought, seen him before and i would go and see him again, a real crowd pleaser if you ask me..

One band though i must admit was CLASS, i had never heard of them before i went to reading, a band called 'grandaddy', they played the radio 1 stage on the sunday night and it was a fantastic gig to say the least, this for me was probably one of the best bands i seen there.

Was a class weekend all the same though, hope anyone that went enjoyed it aswell :)

My mate left me in the campsite to go watch system of a down and ended up in the 'mosh pit' (i hate metal bands and i wasnt intrested in this..), he was getting punched in the face and stuff, really where is the fun in a mosh pit, maybe someone would like to explain this to me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Went to Leeds. Id been to Reading three times previously and I think I prefer it. Leeds suffered from the Witnness effect of being in the arse end of nowhere with long queues in and out. Also Metallica and System where on the Friday leaving me wrecked for the rest of the festival. The Darkness were excellent though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

I heard 22 people were hospitalised in the system of a down moshpit at Leeds... then again I heard that from a taxi driver.

Advertisement