Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL2 not slipping after all?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kind of old news more of a conformation but Valve have been insisting that it will be out for September 30th while the publisher is saying that it won't be out til November. The release date is so close that i'm willing to put fate in what Valve says rather than the publisher. Lets hope it's as good as the hype makes it out to be. Of course it would have to be released the day i'm back to college for my final year. I'm sure I can afford to drop a few grades for HL.

Now, where can I find a dirt cheap Ati Radeon for Sept. 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

just in time to test drive my new pc :)

cant wait, saw the recent videos and it looks amazing. only gripe i have with it is that i dont like the look of the new pistol, and although all the enviroments look amazingly interactive im afraid that what you see in teh video is, basicly, all you get.

roll on autumn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I bet it turns out to be crap ;)
    That'd be so funny after all these years of waiting.
    Roll on Deus-Ex2!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

yes that would be funny, *shakes the head* :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Konix

Roll on Deus-Ex2!

My god have oyu seen the trailer for this. un believable. can't wait. ive started palying the first one agian for my 4th time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

i hate hl couldnt care less hate cs aswell id make the best games!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by weemcd
    i hate hl couldnt care less hate cs aswell id make the best games!!!
    /me takes weemcd off his buddy list

cs is fairly ****e, i won't tolerate any hl slagging tho:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

I have to say I am looking forward to half life 2, i have all the chapters of the original, and from all the videos that are coming out it does look to be something special indeed

Now all i need to do is get a kick arse GFX card to play it on sigh

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

what can i do to make it up? ps i was on your buddie list

im touched, you are on mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

apparently u dont need a Class card to play it on, they said a TNT2 would play it on medium settings so you should be ok, well unless u have like a Gf2 or GF3 then u can upgrade cuz thats just wrong having a card like that.

• Advertisement

Thats what i notice about Valve, they dont really tax machines when they release there games, you dont need a kick ass gfx card to run there games, but it sure does help lol to get the most out of the game if you do

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

the way it should be to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Originally posted by SantaHoe
    I bet it turns out to be crap ;)
    That'd be so funny after all these years of waiting.
    Roll on Deus-Ex2!

what if deus ex 2 turns out crap too......then what will you do? better hope doom 3's something special

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by i_am_dogboy
    what if deus ex 2 turns out crap too......then what will you do? better hope doom 3's something special
    LOL :)
    Actually I heard Doom3 is looking pretty crap gameplay-wise, but it's not exactly finished anyway.
    From the articles I've read about DEx2 - it can't fail... they're using more or less the same formula as the first game in terms of exp points and augment upgrades, even if it's only like a mission pack for the first game I'll be pleased with it, but judging from the avi's I've seen I don't think I'll be let down on any front... they've been working on a new sound engine aswell to make sounds travel more realistically, not to mention the attention to physics in even the most insignificant objects.

Oops, better stop hijacking this thread! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by SantaHoe
    LOL :)
    Actually I heard Doom3 is looking pretty crap gameplay-wise, but it's not exactly finished anyway.

I do hope that its not because of an illegally leaked Alpha demo of Doom3, that yer going against Doom3.

Doom3, alpha version; looks pretty sweet.
    DeusEx2, shipping version; looks sweet.

=====
    =====

PS; after alpha, there's a beta, then there's the shipping version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

i dont really care about any of these games, as long as homeworld 2 is as good as it's looking i'll be happy

sorry for going so off topic.......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

HL2 will work on a crap machine but it will look ****e. HL1 worked on my P100 but it wasn't the same as playing it on praes P400 (or whatever was out then) with a vodoo 2.

According to the g team on gamezville, half life 2 is now confirmed for the 14th of november, anyone else care to comment lol

shin

Thats probably the publishers release date. I'll wait for conformation from a more reliable source and not the (ick) g team. Could well be true but I'm hoping it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

possible review from gamezville

this game looks wicked but like the orignal it was well 'ard and i found myself playing something else in two minutes.

i give it 4 g's wicked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Yeah they'll get some sap who's never played a pc first person shooter before to review it and he'll say it's crap 'coz it's hard to control using the keyboard and mouse'.

4 g's definitely though:)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I watched some of that show today; it's very funny.

How many "experts" do they have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

none

hilarious yet true

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Spacedog
    none

"experts" not experts.

Wonder should we start an e-mail campaign to get someone other than a spotty overweight geek with glasses to review half life 2.

Anyhoo e-mail

theboyz@gamezville.tv

Thats

theboyz@gamezville.tv

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Falgorn

Yeah saw that new Sky1 fodder.. tis a bit bland and you wonder about the debth but sure hey, it beats watching sally jessy before college. Off the topic a bit, have high hopes but no expectation for HL2... S.T.A.L.K.E.R also looks good if a little thin, And DOOM3 i think could be the next Aliens Vrs Pred (marine campaign) if they do it right. Nothing has scared me like that game did in single player. Mostly im very much looking forward to Jedi Academy, still my favourite 1st person shooter, Jedi Outcast really warmed my heart. Barely played it in multiplayter but was for me a sheer pleasure in sp. Jedi Academy looks like more but better of the same, and i cant wait. Also just got a 128mb 9800 pro so its all gravy..

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

They seem to pick up a random kid to review most games, regardless of their interest (or lack thereof) in the genre, not to mention their experience playing games.

I was a little interested when I first saw the ads for Gamesville before it came out, but how very juvenile and awful it turned out to be... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Well, I was looking forward to hl2 untill I read up on Tribes: Vengence! The graphics look sweet and the multiplayer is going to be amazing (A mid way between tribes and tribes 2) which will keep the tribes fan boys happy. Also the single player is going to be very impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Crunch

Originally posted by El Marco
    Well, I was looking forward to hl2 untill I read up on Tribes: Vengence! The graphics look sweet and the multiplayer is going to be amazing (A mid way between tribes and tribes 2) which will keep the tribes fan boys happy. Also the single player is going to be very impressive.

Well, why would that stop you from looking forward to HL2 ?
    1 good game coming out ==good
    2 good games coming out==twice as good
    ww)

Advertisement