Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Chelsea signing to play for Portsmouth.

• 27-08-2003 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

After buying Smertin for over £4 million Chelsea are sending him out on loan with Portsmouth for the season. Aparantly, they want him to adjust to life in the premiership.

Also, Ireland are up 2 places to 13th in the World.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Smertin! Thats a new one to me. When did they buy him?

BTW looks like Ireland will climb up another one or two places if they beat both Russia and Turkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

They bought him yesterday i think. Its hard to keep up. He's the Russian captain anyhow. Just noticed i made a mistake, he cost £3.45 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

apparently he was bought as a favour to a friend of Abramovich who was trying to buy a moscow club but the deal has stalled , so rather than wait for Smertin to start off in France he brought him to Chelsea and sent him to Portsmouth ! Pity he's not cr@p we could have lent him to spurs.

Advertisement