Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

php portal/cms recommendations?

Options
  • 27-08-2003 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

<<<EDIT>>>
    Sorry,
    See theres another topic on this of recent- can you possibly merge them.
    <<<EDIT>>>

I'm thinking about using something new for an intranet-
    I've been using xoops which is alright- very easy to update but its not very cross browser friendly- specifically becuase it is being used on a LAN with pc's and macs and looks pretty shítty on netscrape too :(

I'm kinda leaning towards post nuke atm, but would be interested in hearing some of your comments-

I've tried php nuke- dont like- too cumbersome

nothing as yet has caught the eye on hotscripts or the likes.

Cheers
    David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

every try geeklog?? (www.geeklog.net)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Originally posted by sirpsycho
    every try geeklog?? (www.geeklog.net)

I know a few of my customers running geek log 80project its a nice script.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Geeklog rocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I've toyed around with geeklog a bit- dont know why I decided not use it the last time instead of xoops but there was some reason I cant remember off hand.

I've plumbed for PostNuke btw :)
    And I've been working on an "uBer L337" customistion job. As Adam pointed out in the other cms thread most of them look bland and all too similar, but I reckon when this is done you'd find it difficult to know its a PN install !!

PN does have its limitations, but theres good support and alot of modules available.

I'm d/l the latest Geeklog though atm, to give it a whirl anyway.
    Cheers
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭corkie

Hi 80project,
    I've plumbed for PostNuke btw

I peeked under of the hood of PN, and I'm very familiar with it how it works, etc. If your need assistance or help, send me a PM here on boards.ie.

Or over on forums.postnuke.com (corkiejp on that.)

Any other's out there from Ireland using it/developing modules?

It has it's week point's but if you know PHP, you should be able to hack it to do things they way you want it to.

I too downloaded geeklog recently and put on my own PC, It has good documentation, and needs it to to get up and runing because you have to manualy edit the config's. {The latest version) Adding plugins to it is a pain full. 3 to four different directory to copy stuff to just add a one plugin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Thanks Corkie :)

As you say PN is alot easier to modify than Geeklog especially with the regenerate list option in the Admin Panel to seacrh & detect new Modules.

BTW, I'm working on a block for the PNphpPBB add-on- I had an idea using the "Topics Anywhere" mod for phpbb and the Gallery mod by Smator for a last 5 topics or Thumbnails as a right sided Block. I Have something similar running on www.leinster.cc/members if you want to see, but havent tried it on PN yet.

Might see you over on the PN Forums if I get stuck along the way!!

Advertisement