Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice City is Crap

Options
  • 27-08-2003 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭

Just installed GTA-Vice City...yeah I know it's been a while...

Tell me...Can you only save your game by finding that hotel on the
    waterfront? What if you get lost...do you have to spend half an hour trying to find it before you can save your game?

If that is the case the playtesters should be shot...

It might appease neanderthal console gamers....but if I want to save my game and go to bed why not??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

when u buy new places you can save at them in total i think when u buy everything there are a total of 15 places to save.

also the radar is very handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

use the radar to find it. i really can't seem how anyone could be so stupid as to not be able to find it. just get on that road and its up there...christ..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by James Melody
    What if you get lost...do you have to spend half an hour trying to find it before you can save your game?

You would have got a map with the game, use it.
    Drive around for a while and familiarise yourself with the city, but an easy way to find the hotel is to head south east until you hit the road by the beach, and it's down near the southern end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Ahhh....the map i didn't get ehh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

As the guys above said, after a few missions there will be far more save points available. And here's a handy map of vice city for you:
    http://www.oddweb.net/gta4/index.asp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Originally posted by James Melody
    Ahhh....the map i didn't get ehh.

I played the game once so correct me if i'm wrong but isnt there a map on the bottom left of the screen which shows where home is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Vice City is Crap
    Man, you're misleading people with that title. I thought a flame war was brewing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

press ESC...there a frickin' button that sez "Map"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by f®eak_s©enery
    Man, you're misleading people with that title. I thought a flame war was brewing...
    It IS crap tho...

Originally posted by Deadwing
    It IS crap tho...

Well i spose its a matter of opinion. I think its gr8.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

I played and finished Vice City and it wasnt hat gr8 tbh, the only REAL addition was the bikes and I did have a lot of fun with replacing the PCJ and putting in the Ducatii. Lets hope GTA San Andreas isn't such a let down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I thought VC was really short compared to GTA3... think it was because the missions were too easy, you'd complete like 10 missions in a row without getting wasted.
    Didn't think it was crap though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

Did anyone try the multiplayer tool from http://ign.pc.com ?
    Tryed but didn't get it to work. should make the game a lot more interesting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I think its crap but for diff reasons.
    I would call this GTA Exp Pack rather give it a new title it offers nothing but a bike in terms of how the game has progressed.
    From GTa1,2 to 3 there has been major changes to the game.
    VC is a pile of poo that even uses most of the same ingame textures.

As a PC game it should be a 50mb mod for the original charging full whack for basically the same game is something EA are renowned for doing.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

I stand by my call....

I think it is a big let down, essentially the same game as GTA 1 but with tarted up 3d graphics, i haven't seen anything added gameplay wise....

Oh and the city is really big, so when you are at the opposite side trying to get back to the start to save is a pain in the arse.... Yeah I know you get to know the city, but I can't be arsed..

Game uninstalled......

Started playing Max Payne again though and it rocks...apart from
    the ****e dream sequences....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by KdjaC
    As a PC game it should be a 50mb mod for the original charging full whack for basically the same game is something EA are renowned for doing.

Yeah, you're probably right. Thing is loads of us bought it and will buy the next one so EA have no reason to listen to your, quite right, suggestion....

Eh james, just buy a few properties around the city. Then there's no need to go the whole way across it to save.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

KdjaC: Motorbikes weren't the only things added to the game. Flyable helicopters, change of cloths, properties to buy and missions to complete for each one, much more open game play esp once you open the second island for play.

Also I've heard reports that the PC version is buggy as a bug farm. I've only played the PS2 version, so am talking about that when I say it is far far better then 3 in so many ways. The attention to detail is fabulous, the story line is much stronger and the wealth of extra missions to do is fabulous.

Some things to try out:
    1. Take an assault type rifle, walk waist high out to see, crouch down and then snipe at the fishies, you can see dolphins, sharks, whales, turtles and shoals of fish.

2. Take a pcj bike and head to the northernmost middle island, there you find a fountain, drive into it and proceed to to a wall of death like stunt around the inside of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Eh james, just buy a few properties around the city. Then there's no need to go the whole way across it to save.

you cant buy properties untill your well into the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

I think its a savage game, but definatly way easier then GTA3. Graphics are a little better but there is so much more to do and so much more interaction with people and places then the first one. It does feel a bit like an expansion pack though. PS2 version was great, had the PC version and got rid of it cos it was very buggy and just didnt seem as well built as the PS2 version. Not really the kind of game you'd come back to tho, play it hard until you finish it then give it away thats what i did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Haven't gotten round to actually playin it yet. still goin around, and getting 4-star chases by the pigs.

The AI is way better, the polize actually chase me fer ages, the unmarked cars, etc are annoying, but good, and the choppers are a good laff, esp when the speical-ops dudes come out of them :)

The textures may be the same, but I'm more intrested in the game play. I play the missions sometimes, but mainly I like just having a laff with the cops.

Finally, the jumps are cool. There's lots of them, some of which are hard to do, but fun.

=====
    =====

Best thing; no bugs at all :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Best thing; no bugs at all

You've got to be joking. Especially if you are playing the pc version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    You've got to be joking. Especially if you are playing the pc version.

can't say I've encountered any bugs in my game either :confused:

I haven't encountered any problems whatsoever with the PC version of Vice City. GTA3 on the PC was buggy as hell though. The graphics engine in Vice City seems to run much faster and smoother than GTA3 on the same hardware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Tusky
    you cant buy properties untill your well into the game...
    you can buy safehouses such as links view from the start of the game, its just a case of getting enough dosh together...
    you can't buy businesses until you've finished the shakedown mission iirc.

everyones entitled to their own opinion, anyone who says vc is crap shouldnt be:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I for one can say that I enjoyed this far more than the other games in the series.Still I can see the whole thing getting boring like it did with the 2d versions it was very poor by gta2 and lets not mention London 1969.Well I will enjoy it while it lasts!

Yah, God damn those 2d versions with the no saving options :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

gta2 had a mid game save option, that didn't help hold my interest tho.
    i was sick of having to learn every inch of the citys roads before you could even think about driving around at breakneck speed without crashing by the time gta2 rolled around.
    i can't wait for san angeles:) (only 14 months to go:rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Originally posted by tman
    gta2 had a mid game save option
    "Another soul saved!!"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Didn't like the way the cars disappeared a bit too easily on the PC versions of GTA3 and 4. GTA 1 + 2 where easy enough to get around in if you used the maps you got with the game.

Advertisement