Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice City is Crap

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Didn't like the way the cars disappeared a bit too easily on the PC versions of GTA3 and 4. GTA 1 + 2 where easy enough to get around in if you used the maps you got with the game.
    that sucked pretty bad alright, extremely depressing when it happens on a pc with a gig of ram.
    makes me glad i didn't shell out for another 512mb, seeing as vc is pretty much all i play these days.

as for the maps, i've never had any spare space on my desktop for the ****ers.
    and if thats your idea of a subtle hint towards me being a pir8, surely i could just download & print a map if needs be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

You could d/l both GTA and GTA2 legally from freeload.com, they were the only decent games they had. I had no maps and it was really annoying trying to find the save point when you didn't know the cities inside out.

The dissappearing cars in VC is even more annoying. It's very lazy port, no effort taken at all to make use of the better pc hardware. Still a fantastic game tho. Nothing groundbraking in terms of the series, but if it ain't broke....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sorry I'm not accusing anyone.

I've with maps GTA 1 + 2 where annoying. I'd have to pause every ten seconds and take another look at the map. Thank god for the radar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Konix

whts this about putting the speed bike in the ducatti?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Thankfully they did the cars disappering thing. Otherwise, they'd have to compute all the mishaps of the cars, etc, in the distance, and it would be crappo slow.

Also, if you have a few GTA;VC PCs near eachother, ye should check out MTA!!!
    Multi Theft Auto. :):):)

Gotta be sweet! Finally, if your getting graphic errors, there's a patch esp fer them. Check out the official site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Konix
    whts this about putting the speed bike in the ducatti?
    grab a copy of the vice city mod manager from here.
    that lets you easily install new vehicles & stuff, such as the ducati...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thankfully they did the cars disappering thing. Otherwise, they'd have to compute all the mishaps of the cars, etc, in the distance, and it would be crappo slow.

What I was talking about was when you see a nice car drive past you and then the minute it is out of line of sight it disappears. It's annoying when you look behind you and the car has vanished. And it shouldn't take much processor power since the super weedy PS2 didn't have this problem.

Advertisement