Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

probably been asked a thousand times but...

• 27-08-2003 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

just wanted to know who everyone's fav teams/drivers are.
    And who they've come to respect of late.

As you've no doubt to anyone who's read my posts I'm a long-suffering Jordan fan who throws his corn flakes @ the screen during every crash and engine blowout.

My main man atm tho is still Rakkinin he's the only one who can keep his cool against the onslaught the Red Baron, Michael von Grosses Kinn.

I hate Schoo of course, but you gotta respect him.
    He's a good driver, although I still think the FIA needs to
    do something about the extra downforce provided by his chin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

Jordans still my favourite team, I love them cause they can still make me laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

hehe

Eddie's amazing when he's interviewed, he can be both gracious in victory, sarcastic and bitter all in the space of one sentece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Ferrari fan for the past 11 years now... since the up & down days of alesi and berger... I still remember alesis win in canada in '95 as one of my highlights (even more so with jordans 2 and 3 as well).. cos 1994 was such a drought year (no wins for either driver)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

the best thing eddie did this yesr was that spat with vodafone and he lost that too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Da Man

I was in the States during Montoya's CART reign and he was bloody amazing in that series, so it's difficult to not have admiration for the guy. F1 is a different game though (better drivers, more processional, more politics, less risk-taking, bigger difference between the cars) and he's a bit flakey at times. He also tends to blame other people quite a lot, and it's a bit tiring to listen to. So Kimi is probably my favourite driver right now. Williams is also one of the stranger teams that every so often do press releases like "our drivers are crap" or "Ralph really needs to sort himself out" etc. What kind of a way is that to run a team? So maybe part of Montoya's problem is that Williams doesn't seem to be a very harmonious place and he's apparently looking for another drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

Originally posted by Kali
    I still remember alesis win in canada in '95 as one of my highlights

Heh, I remember leaving the room for the last 7 laps because I couldn't watch. I was just waiting for something to go wrong!

I am a Ferrari fan and a Michael Schumacher fan (faults and all) although I am looking forward to the new drivers (JP, Kimi, Alonso especially).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I've been a fan of Montoya's since he came into F1 testing for Williams, I think he's a great driver with plenty of attitude and the skill to win the championship this year. I'd like to see him stay at Williams past next season.
    My other favourite drivers are Justin Wilson, Kimi and Fernando- all of them will be huge in the next 3 seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Originally posted by Kali
    cos 1994 was such a drought year (no wins for either driver)

Okay, I'm going to be a real pedantic pain-in-the-arse now and point out that Berger won the German GP in 1994. Sorry! :D

As for myself, I've been a Jordan fan right from the start and still am, despite all the ups and downs. Highlights for me are Jordan's first points in Canada in 1991 and going on to finish 5th in the Constructor's Championship in their first year (and, I think it's fair to say that their first car, the green 7-Up Jordan 191 is, without doubt, the most beautiful F1 car ever made. Well, it is in my eyes! :D) Rubens getting Jordan's first podium at Aida in Japan in 1994, Rubens getting Jordan's first pole at Spa in 1994, the 2-3 finish alongside Alesi in Canada in 1995 and, of course, Damon Hill scoring Jordan's first win at Spa in 1998 (along with Ralf finishing second. What a great day!) after having such a sh!tty year up to that point. I was literally on the edge of my seat for the last couple of laps. When Damon crossed the line I sprung up out of my seat and started jumping around the room. Then the podium ceremony came and I nearly went f**king mental. Where the f**k was the Irish national anthem for the winning constructor? The gobsh!tes thought Jordan were British just because they're based in the UK. Sorry folks, but they're registered as an Irish racing team.

Thankfully that was pointed out to them and the Irish national anthem was played when HHF won at Magny Cours the following year. I stood there looking at the telly with the biggest lump in my throat you can imagine. What a great day to be Irish. I was so proud. And, of course, he did it again that year at Monza. Fantastic times!

Pity Giancarlo's win in Brazil this year was shrouded in controversy and we didn't get to hear the national anthem being played again for a fourth time at a GP. I wonder if we ever will again?

It breaks my heart to see Jordan struggling so much the past couple of years. I yearn so much to see the glory days returning again. Still, I'll always have my videos of the wins, podiums and great races they've had over the years. At this stage, though, I think I'd just be happy to see Jordan survive till next year, let alone win races. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by aidan_dunne
    Where the f**k was the Irish national anthem for the winning constructor? The gobsh!tes thought Jordan were British just because they're based in the UK. Sorry folks, but they're registered as an Irish racing team.

Nope. They just didnt have the irish anthem and opted for the english one.

Okay, my mistake. But the thing is, they should have the national anthem of every registered team and driver at every race because you'll never know who'll win the race. A major cock-up on the part of the organisers, in my opinion, which I hope has been rectified since. I suppose it has been, actually, as they didn't make the same mistake with Alonso. As an outsider you might have thought they would have forgotten or just not bothered to bring the Spanish national anthem but they didn't so I suppose they've learned their lesson! :D

• Advertisement

Okay, my mistake. But the thing is, they should have the national anthem of every registered team and driver at every race because you'll never know who'll win the race.

Because of that cockup they now have the anthem for all teams and any driver registered with the team including those who only jump in a car for a test during the year.

Nobody could have for seen Jordans win...emotional and great as it was for "normal" tv viewers, for me it was an ugly win as jordan pleaded with Ralf to back off and settle for 2nd and do it for the team and damon.

All bar one of Jordans wins arrived to the rub of the green, a win is a win but Frentzen delivered the only win by speed/strategy win.

and, I think it's fair to say that their first car, the green 7-Up Jordan 191 is, without doubt, the most beautiful F1 car ever made.

So you might like these?

teaser.jpg

I only have pictures of Spa as the pictures are of Schumi so ya know....

http://members.boards.ie/jordan191/03.jpg
    http://members.boards.ie/jordan191/16.jpg
    http://members.boards.ie/jordan191/20.jpg
    http://members.boards.ie/jordan191/26.jpg

All images there are about 200K and extremely high quality.
    I have some more [of Schumacher] if you want ill pop em up.

Damn chernobyl mate, class pics. I'm making these my desktop background. Cheers!

Yeah, post away if you want to. I won't object.

And, come on people, I defy anyone to tell me that's not the most beautiful F1 car you've ever seen. The curves, the lines, the colour scheme. It's all just blended together to become the most beautiful F1 car ever made. Well, as I said before, in my eyes anyway! :D

Advertisement