Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeffrey Lewis. Oct 1st Whelans.

Options
  • 27-08-2003 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Import Promotions Presents

JEFFREY LEWIS
    +Dianne Cluck
    Wednesday 1st October
    Whelans, Wexford Street
    Doors 8.30 pm
    Adm: €10

Import Promotions is proud to present the return to Dublin of Jeffrey Lewis.

Jeffrey Lewis is a New York artist who translates his life into warming, absorbing comic book stories about his experiences in the big apple - the day he met his heroes Tuli Kupferberg (The Fugs) and Ira Kaplan (Yo La Tengo) and the day a junkie dumped a bloody syringe in his busking cup . His talent for documenting the everyday and making it sound like the super-real extends to his songwriting. Like the longtime - coming heir to Phil Ochs throne, or a 21st century Tom Lehrer, Lewis commits narrative and philosophical beat prose to crackling analogue tape with the window open so you can even hear the birds in the street. Along with The Moldy Peaches, Lewis plays the loosely termed "Anti-Folk" circuit in NYC (he also drew some of the Peaches album sleeve artwork) - open mic nights at clubs like The Knitting Factory and Brownies.

Following his debut single 'The Chelsea Hotel Oral Sex Song' and his full-length album 'The Last Time I did Acid I went Insane' , Jeffrey Lewis releases his 2nd longplayer entitled 'It's The Ones Who've Cracked That The Light Shines Through' on Rough Trade Records.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 conor-immediate

OOH I can't wait. Some of his songs come close to genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 j_cash

I was just browsing the boards listening to Jeffrey Lewis' "The Last Time I did Acid I went Insane" and stumbled across this post. Deadly album - should be a good gig!

Advertisement