Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Clone Cartridges

• 28-08-2003 12:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,305 ✭✭✭✭

I've finally got the USB cable to get my HP Deskjet 640C working again with my beloved BeOS - but the colour cartridge has run out. I've managed to run it for 3 years on the original cartridges, and I presume a replacement colour will be obscenly expensive. So has anyone any experience with cloner cartridges? Basically, any cloners to avoid like the plague...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

have the same printer on the family comp, twas a good choice 4 years ago :) if you drop into any comp shop that do cartridges they might have alternatives. it might cost ya about 20 euro for an alternative cartridge considering they're big cartridges (got 1 year outa my frist one) luckly for me I've got an uncle that works for em, gets them at staff prices :). give pc superstore a try, they're the only comp store in athlone that supply "clones" so i'm guessing they've got em around the country.

*edit* woops sorry i've got a 720 :P, half asleep here :) */edit*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

try http://www.9to6.ie .. free delivery for orders over EUR60 as well... I haven't used them personally but I've heard good things (our next toner purchases in work will be from them).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Polonious

There's a place on the Navan road near phobsboro that does spurious cartridges and refills. "Cartridge world" or something. Should be in the yellow pages... There's always ads on the radio for it...

Advertisement