Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving my isdn cable

Options
  • 28-08-2003 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm moving room in my house soon. The room i'm currently in is upstairs and i'm moving to the end of the hall which isn't to far. Theres 2 cables coming from the atic down to the ground in my current room and going into the white box. The cable comes from down stairs directly underneat me from the socket. I don't think theres much slack though.

What i need to know is if i'd be able to go to the atic, pull up the cables, run it along the attic floor as much as it can go then move the white box up there and use a long cat5 cable to go the rest of the way?

Can this be done without me breaking it or do i need an engineer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Yeah that no problem

I did it last night
    the easiest way to Do it is Run the Cat 5 Cable directly from the NT1+ box to you new room that way you have good cable to your PC or phone

and its a lot less messy and you still have the wire run to the old room incase you have to move back.

Advertisement