Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

T610 configured to use MMS, WAP on vodafone?

• 28-08-2003 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

I'm seriously considering purchasing a T610 but was wondering if anybody bought one and got it working with MMS, WAP on the Vodafone network yet? I know you can get the correct settings from the SonyEricsson site but don't know if they actually work or if Vodafone need to configure something at their end?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

The S/E T610 is fully functional on the Vodafone network here in Ireland. The various settings can be found in the sticky at the top of this forum (here).

Yeah, you'll need to ring Vodafone Customer Care & get yourself enabled for MMS, if you want it, that is. Hope that helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Thanks Fidelis. I'm already enabled for MMS as my current phone supports it. Do Vodafone need to enable MMS for the particular type of phone once it's enabled, it works on any phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Fidelis,
    any news on the T610?
    did you get the new version for testing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I got one today, manufactured week30, 2003. Damn cool phone I must say :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Originally posted by ADSLUSER
    Do Vodafone need to enable MMS for the particular type of phone once it's enabled, it works on any phone?
    No, it's not handset specific. Once your SIM is enabled for the service, you can use it on any MMS phone. Just make sure that the phone's MMS settings are properly set up! :)
    Originally posted by MiCr0
    any news on the T610?
    did you get the new version for testing?
    Well, not sure what you mean by 'new'. As far as I'm aware, there haven't been any updates in the last 6 weeks. I assume you're referring to the new hardware variant which fixed the speech quality issue? That version was tested & passed about 3-4 weeks ago.

In regards to any news on it... well, about 3-4 weeks ago, I think I said that it would be in the shops by around now. Obviously & unfortunately that's not the case. There's really not much point in me predicting a date of release because I honestly can't say. I don't know why it's not in the shops right now but then there are so many other factors to take into account when launching a phone that it could be being delayed by anything. It's past testing & evaluation so it's just down to logistics, delivery and a host of other insignificant buzzwords! :)

The release dates change every few days & at the moment, the T610 is in a state of limbo as to when it will be released, sorry I can't be more helpful.

• Advertisement

Thanks Fidelis, got my T610 and everything is working great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Do I need a new SIM to get GPRS working? I've been playing about with it, and whenever I connect, I get "GPRS Parameters not supported".

- Dave.

It is possible you need a new sim. I had that problem before and was told to upgrade my sim and since then it worked. I think you also need your operator to enable you for GPRS usage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It depends what type sim you have.

A basic 8K sim card does not support GPRS. A 16K sim supports basic GPRS services and a 32K or 64K supports all GPRS services launched by Vodafone.

If you call Vodafone, or whatever operator, they should be able to sort you out with a new sim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭digiman

If i bought a T610 that wasn't sim free, like the one that is in argos for £199 on T-mobile's ready to go service, would i be able to get rid of their on-screen logos and then have the irish vodafone live settings instead. After this is their anything my phone wouldnt be able to do if i got it the proper way from vodafone ireland eg. email, mms etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

If i bought a T610 that wasn't sim free, like the one that is in argos for £199 on T-mobile's ready to go service, would i be able to get rid of their on-screen logos and then have the irish vodafone live settings instead. After this is their anything my phone wouldnt be able to do if i got it the proper way from vodafone ireland eg. email, mms etc

you would have to get the handset unlocked so you can use other networks sim cards in the handset. So it depends what their policy is on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Tony_ire

If you cant get to a phone shop that can unlock the T610 then you will have to ask the operator for an unlocking code. If this is the case, I wouldn't recomend getting it on T-mobile - they will make you wait for three months before chargig you £20 for the code. Go for Orange, I'm pretty sure they will give you the code almost straight away for £20.

Advertisement