Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Inspiron keyboard

• 28-08-2003 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone got any ideas on buying a replacement keyboard for an Dell Inspiron 8200. Dell don't sell spare parts outside the US :(

They offer a repair service which comes in at €320 !!
    The also give a number of a company in England - ServiceSource. But these guys are charging crazy prices - £95 before tax, £25 shipping. The keyboard costs about $30-40 in the US...

To make matters worse, all of the sellers on Ebay.com only ship to US/Canada.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I went through the same thing with my Sony Vaio, the part only cost something like $29, it's piss easy to change, but they wouldn't sell it seperately and were going to charge €200 for the service.

On a new Vaio now and my spacebar is feeling very 'dead' recently; here we go again... (Although I'm still under warranty :) but can't afford to go without my laptop :( )

Just as a suggestion - have you tried asking the Ebay sellers about shipping to Ireland? Certainly, a lot of UK sellers list 'will ship to UK only' but I've never had one refuse to ship to Ireland when I've asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

ebay.co.uk seem to give plenty of results, i got a rpl keyb for my insp 3800 from ebay no probs about 8 mths ago.

Rob

Advertisement