Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

importing us f-zero gx

Options
  • 28-08-2003 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭

i know the jap version plays weird (missing text and menus, etc.)on a PAL/US cube using freeloader, but i was wondering if anyone knows if the US version will work ok here with freeloader. it'll be really crap if the 2 version have the same problem

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Use an action replay instead of freeloader. It has codes that fix the graphics problem and i'm sure there will be one for the US version if there is the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

i already have the freeloader and was hoping i wouldn't have to go buy an action replay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I'm in the same situation F-zero is on the way and I have Freeloader here. I'm hoping the flickering in the jap f-zero was only because of the PAL cube not recognising japanese text. I don't want to have to fork out for action replay.

[EDIT] Woot! Just been reading the Eurogamer forums and some people have gotten their US copies already (bastards!) and it works completely fine with Freeloader.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

lovely. next pay-day i'll be off to play-asia.com to order my copy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

This came to me last Monday and I'm fairly happy with it, theres a nice sense of speed. It looks just stunning but everything is just a blur as you fly by at 2000 km and hour. I've completed all the GP's on Novice and two of them on Standard, theres 15 tracks split up into 3 GP's. I'd say I'll have the GP stuff done soon but theres the story mode too.. you can buy new chapters for it at the items shop with tickets you win for beating the GP's. Plenty to unlock aswell theres alot of ships to buy but to be honest I've stuck to the main character (fella on the box in the spandex with the funny eyes :) ) because any other ships I've bought so far are crap in comparison.

No freeloader worries either, although the odd time it wont start I have to power it on and off and boot freeloader again and it usually works no problem the second attempt. Bah.. nobody else is playing this game I bet :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I got the game last Friday, and I'm really happy with it. The sense of speed is amazing, and it looks excellent. Its pretty challenging, especially the Story Mode, the later Grand Prix cups even more so. The FMV sequences are brilliant, really bring out the personalities of the characters (its strange to see FMV in a Nintendo game, but they should take note). The shop and garage also adds lots of playibility to the game.

My only gripe is that the Death Race from F-Zero X has been axed, and the music isn't as good as the other F-Zero games (its gone guitar-electronic), but thats really it. Its like the Super Smash Bros. Melee of F-Zero, and I definetly recommend it. Amusement Vision did an excellent job.

I have an NTSC Gamecube, so I don't have any Freeloader issues. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

im still waiting for my copy to arrive from importmadness.com :(

Advertisement