Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Forum (Tropical Fish)

Options
  • 28-08-2003 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

Hey Admins

I and a few others would like to suggest a Tropical Fish Forum along side the animals and pet issues there are a few others that will promote this forum.

It will look after
    Tropical Fish , Fresh water, Pond / Cold Water , diseases, Species,and a host of other topics.

Declan
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Would that not go under the Angling category? Or perhaps Scuba diving?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Doesn't resemble anything we've discussed on scuba before, that's not to say we won't in future. I'd hazard a guess that the Guru is refering to keeping tropical fish and aquariums.

Ah, my wit was too cloaked. (or too non-witty)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Originally posted by Gordon
    Ah, my wit was too cloaked. (or too non-witty)
    I got it. ROFL. Why not include it in Food and Drink??

Food and Drink - why didn't I think of that! Or maybe subsection of Bubbles?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Isn't it covered pretty well by the "Animals/Pet Issues" forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Do you think you'll outgrow the pets board? At the moment there is one thread re: fishies, do you think there will be enough discussion/demand to fill a forum?

If so, then by all means go ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If someone posted about Goldfish (cold water species) would they have their post edited for being off tropic? ;)

Originally posted by Victor
    If someone posted about Goldfish (cold water species) would they have their post edited for being off tropic? ;)

/me slaps Victor around with a trout

:p

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Go nuts in the Pets forum. Cant see it being passed tbh, far too narrow all things considered...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Give us our Tropical Fish Forum and see how successful it is. There is a huge interest in tropical/coldwater fishkeeping but there is very few outlets for advice or information.
    A Forum like this could help promote the entire area and offer a valuable resource.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

As the owner of 2 tanks with tropical fish, I have to say I kinda agree with Devore, but also, I feel there are things that some people would discuss more on the boards if there was a more precise forum available.

So how about it? Give us a forum for a certain period. See how it goes and take it from there???

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

I think a trial period for a new forum is a good idea for the fishy people to express themselves fully

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I think you've gone soft DeV. The Guru, I initially felt like kicking you off the forum for timewasting, but I decided to leave you fin.

The quality of jokes around here has really gone downhill. It makes me want to gill myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

Gordon wrote: »
    The quality of jokes around here has really gone downhill. It makes me want to gill myself.

im ashamed to say i laughed at that one

XxlauraxX wrote: »
    im ashamed to say i laughed at that one
    emot-ssh.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement