Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

re-spray..

Options
  • 28-08-2003 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

I wonder if anyone could give me an idea how much it would cost to have my car resprayed..?

It's a Renault Megane Coupe..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heck we'll need more info! Is this a full body respray with all the interior trim removed or "just" the external panels....or just one panel?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

A respray on a Renault Megane ?

It must have had a hard life ........ Megane's are only around since 1998 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 angelblue

all depends what ur planning but anything fromm 800euros (for a touch up )to 2500euros (for a flip full respray)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭edove

Just the external panels done I guess.. nothing wrong with it.. except that it's blue and I want a red one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Probably cheaper to sell your and buy a red one!

Bear in mind that if you do a full respray you have to inform the licensing people to get your registration certificate altered due to the colour change

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

This will be waste of money as takes a lots of work to change color of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Not worth the money. A proper job will cost a couple of grand. Sell and buythe color you want.

PS: The Megane is around since 1996.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

If you really want to find out visit this website and contact them.

MG AutoStyling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 greenday chick

just go to a panel beater and they'll do it for 500 yoyos max

500 sounds bit cheap. Is he doing this in the garden?

It's always more work when changing the color of the car as there is more area to mask and spray.

I would be looking for 250 to just spray wing and bumper

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Bad idea, a proper job would cost a couple of grand, a fly by night guy could maybe do it cheaper but if it's a poor job it would lower the value of the car. (Most people would think that a resprayed car was in a crash)

Why did you buy a blue car if you were that set on having red?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

Originally posted by jongore
    Bad idea, a proper job would cost a couple of grand, a fly by night guy could maybe do it cheaper but if it's a poor job it would lower the value of the car. (Most people would think that a resprayed car was in a crash)

Why did you buy a blue car if you were that set on having red?:rolleyes:

Exactly what he said.

A friend of mine owns a garage/spray shop and I've asked him this question before, and his reply was, firstly, you wouldn't get it done for much cheaper than 2k because of all the work invovled, (they'd have to take all the doors/bonnet off and totally strip them down, etc. and if you wanted a proper job done, i.e. not have a two tone effect when the boot/bonnet/doors were open making it look like it was in a crash it would be nigh on impossible and also very impracticle due to the amount of work involve. And secondly, he said that he'd never do it anyway because of the hassle!

So, as everyone else has suggested, I'd suggest that you go sell your car and buy the one that you were probably better off buying in the first place!!!

B.

2k and u could have urself a full respray in flip paint!

Renault Megane in Flip paint. What a waste of money

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Sorry, but what,uhm is Flip paint?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Originally posted by byte
    Sorry, but what,uhm is Flip paint?
    It's when paint tries to be two (or more) colours at once. And fails miserably.

For some reason, it's very popular amongst the chaps who consider it wise to attach the front bumper from the Millenium Falcon onto their 93 Civics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I thought "flip" paint was the car owners reaction once it had dried and you realised your mistake!

Mike.

only you would'nt say flip! :ninja:

Mike.

I think he refers to ChromaFlair paint which replaced old "flip-flop" paint and is sometimes called FLIP-paint and has nothing to do with applying two colours of paint or drying process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by Robbo
    For some reason, it's very popular amongst the chaps who consider it wise to attach the front bumper from the Millenium Falcon onto their 93 Civics.
    Rofl. It's worse when they do it to their 03 Yaris. Why not just buy a decent car in the first place instead of spending their money fooking up the car?

im not saying to get a respray in flip paint, im just making the point that i dont think the respray will be as expensive as some of ye have said

• Advertisement
Advertisement