Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rocket jumping and war1

Options
  • 16-04-1999 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

my rj script never works on the quake.ie servers..it just says "unknown command +rjump"..whilst it works when i host a local, and on other servers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

lol scripts!!!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

alias +rjump "set cl_pitchspeed 9999;+lookdown;+forward;+moveup;+attack"
    alias -rjump "-attack;-moveup;-forward;-lookdown;set cl_pitchspeed 150"
    bind q +rjump

there you go my funny little spanish man.
    courtesy fo you know who!
    smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

RJ Script? *Cackle*

Kegs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

so what, i'm a lazy ******* tongue.gif. Anyway i couldnt be bothered lining up my rocket with the ground and pressing jump + fire at exactly the same time....

no rj script..lol! tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Oh dear, you really don wan to use a scrip, you have no control whatsoever over yr jumps. One night of praccy and you'll have yr manual jumps down np.

shank1@usa.net
    q2n.quake.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ChRoMe99

I think rocket jump scripts are great for people who use a very low sensitivity (like me). If you are doing a rocket jump the amount of time it takes while using low sensitivity is unreal.

ChRoMe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

i suppose its down to personal preferance. I've started to use a really good rj script that manages to get the max. height whilst taking off the minimum health/armour:

alias +rocketjump "set cl_pitchspeed 100000;set rhand $hand"
    alias -rocketjump "hand 2;rj1;wait;rj2;hand $rhand"
    alias rj1 "look"
    alias rj2 "rjump;centerview"
    alias look "+lookdown; wait; wait; -lookdown"
    alias rjump "+moveup;wait;+attack;wait;wait;wait;wait;-attack;-moveup"

And its also a matter of timing, i think just pressing a button is preferable to pointing at the ground and firing, leaving yourself open to attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TellyTubbY

Ahhh re-execute your config script after connection and it should work.
    Your \QW and \ID1 cfg's may be different

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

fortunately us q2 players dont have to worry about that telly smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

You see I adjust my RocketJump all the time depending on the jump. I never miss where I want to be but sometimes I don't want to go as high as other times. Sometimes I just want to go at medium height but go there alot faster so I adjust my RocketJump accordingly.

Having an RJ script is like having a wheelchair - sure it's fun for a while but then you can't get up stairs properly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

What is a script for.? Auto Rj. I never knew you could even do that point down and both mouse buttons for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Jesus bob even I can RJ pretty well without an alias..... Tis one of the easiest tricks in the book! Like.... I was doing it last nite, and u saw the state I was in, so it MUST be easy....

BTW, is it normal for a person to be continually driving thir mouse sensitivity up and up and up? Ever since I started playing again I've been having to increase it every game, and now I've maxed out the wee slider bar and I still want more. Should I seek professional help?

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Rocket jumping, **** that, I just point my ass to the ground and press fire

Advertisement