Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blaster and DVD/CD writing

• 28-08-2003 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

right, today in work we got a machine in that had the blast and sobig virus' and the main complaint is that the user could not write dvd's or cd's.

My theory was that the blast virus was taking up all the CPU and Memory(as it does) which in turn caused buffer-underruns... So thats the burning process' out of the way...

Now, heres the fun part. He is on a network and all the machines on the network are banjaxed because the virus has spread throughout it - as it does! Now the fun part is that the virus fix itsself when installed on the machine gets infected so we in turn used a penstick HDD with the fix and set it to read only so we could remove the virus - no luck, Mcaffie anti virus detects that as the virus itsself... so thats basicly where i am now... boggled as to what i can do.

Im addiment that its blaster, yet a work associate says its not. The machine itsself is well cappable of burning at a nice pace, even though we set it to burn at a snail pace we still get a buffer underrun. the burning Software is not an issue here, it has to be something other than that.

Get back to me asap, as its really annoying me and i want to get this machine done because once i get stuck into a machine i can never get away from it untill its fixed!

Cheers

reD.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

may sound stupid, but have you tried delelting the blaster virus from the start up sequence. I did this (usign a reg hack tool) and it stoped the virus from startign as the computer did. I left the virus sittign in system 32 though to prevent being reinfected. Stoped me burning a cd also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

na its not in the startup group, its in the regestry ;) Besides thats kinda the chicken and the egg aint it? :p every fix gets infected and wont install!

keep em coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

i know, hats why i said with a reg hack tool, such as reg edit. I don't get what you mean by chicken and egg, i did this, then restarted, and all was well. If you want to be sure you can install the fix then

Advertisement