Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Next Champions League winner!

• 28-08-2003 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Here we go again..... so, who will be the next Champions League winner?

I am a Juve's supporter and I am really pissed off for last year final!!

This year I see Bayern Munich as team to beat....mmm....

Next Champions League Winner? 28 votes

Manchester Utd.
    0% 0 votes
    Real Madrid
    17% 5 votes
    AC Milan
    17% 5 votes
    Juventus
    17% 5 votes
    Inter Milan
    14% 4 votes
    Arsenal
    0% 0 votes
    Deportivo La Coruna
    7% 2 votes
    Bayern Munich
    0% 0 votes
    Chelsea
    3% 1 vote
    Lazio/Real Sociedad/Porto/Ajax/PSV
    21% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I can see Madrid wining it if anyone saw them last nite they were a force to be reckoned with.They didnt have a good campaign last year because a crap defence let the team down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Sure all they have now in defence is Raul Bravo. Hardly experienced enough to replace Hierro.

Ye Real played well last night but for the love of God, dont assume there a force to be reckoned with in the champions league from that performance. Thats just silly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Where's Celtic ?????? ;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by celticfc
    Where's Celtic ?????? ;):)
    I noticed you had a wink beside that. I seriously think Celtic will go far this year and at 50-1 I'm going over to put a tenner on them!

If Celtic were an English club I bet they'd be in the poll!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I reckon Ac Milan and Bayern Munich will be the teams to beat this time around. AC haven't added much to their squad but they ar estill storng enough. Bayern have got Makaay - need I say more.

The Usual Supects A.K.A Utd, Juventus, Inter, Real and Ajax will run them close with maybe Arsenal and Chelsea and Real Sociedad might be dark horses.

AC for me:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭DUX

I didn't include Celtic in the poll not because it isn't an English team (as I wrote above I support Juve and don't care about english teams) but because quite honestly I don't believe they will go far...... but this is just my opinion, you may be right and end up winning 500 Euro.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

ARSENAL? They won't even get out of the group stages...there ****e in Europe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Originally posted by DUX
    I didn't include Celtic in the poll not because it isn't an English team

All the more reason to put them in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

juve will win it, purely because they have a pink away strip this season! :D

when they were first formed, their original strip was pink :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Madrid are going to sign Roberto Ayala from Valencia, it seems, that will help their defensive situation quite a lot - Bravo is a bit shit really :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭DUX

Ha ha, just read the news, Real has sold Makelele to Chelsea for about 20M Euro...... no chance for Real this year, playing with 11 strikers is not enough to win the Champions.....

I probably shouldn't have included them in the poll, damn!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I went for Juve. They've probably been the most consistent team in the CL for the last 7 or 8 years, were kinda unlucky last year so I think they'll go one better. Have they bought anyone ?

Juve V Bayern in the final

Advertisement