Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Thousand Elephants?

• 28-08-2003 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Haven't read all the discworld books yet, just wondering since i've just finished moving pictures, is there any mention of what Throat does with those 1,000 elephants?

For that matter, what happened to Victor and Ginger, did they do the do? Turn into high priests of "He kinda reminds me of me uncle Oscar"?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

"Hot sausage ina bun" anyone?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Maybe he started doin city tours on 'em or something. I seriously doubt he put 'em ina bun, caused that'd be proper meat, and that'd break his usual rules. Can't have named meat in a dibbler. Gainst the rules that.

Possibly he tried to convince people they were the descendants of the ankh hippo's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭shock

but since dibbler lost all his money, how did he pay for them?

He lost all his money? Don't remember reading that he lost it at any point. When did that happen?

when the elephats arrive at the gate colon and nobby say he's back selling susages cause he lost all his money.

• Advertisement

Hmm, strange. Wonder how poor auld Dibler lost all his monies. And now I really wanna know what happened to those elephants. Ankh-Morpork isn't the best place to leave a lot of untended meat, Alive or otherwise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

dibbler *Does* sell sausages 'inna' bun..

True, but you have to ask yourself, would Dibbler sell actual named meat in his buns? The closest Dibbler's come to named meat according to the book's is "fluffy".

It's probably a matter of pride in the Dibbler-type community that their meat isn't named, yet it still sells like.... well, like meat inna bun basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Rat ona stick maybe? Cut off the trunk, a big pole up the jacksie and a couple barrels of ratsauce would do the job. Then all Dibbler would have to do is convince some poor unsuspecting dwarf that rats really do grow that big in Ankh-Morpork! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

You people can be so silly some times. Its obivious isn't it, the guild of thieves took them, it also explains the smat of pesnut related crime we are having.

• Advertisement

But what would the thieves guild do with a thousands elephants and where would they put them where no one would notice. A thousand elephants are pretty noticable, you can probably smell them miles away even in Ankh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you think elephants smell *worse* than ank?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭af666x

He didn't say that exactly... Just that they smell. Angua would notice. As I'm sure would Gaspode.

Remember there are a thousand of them, thats alot of crap!
    Plus you'd probably notice the drain on the food supply.

Yeah, but Dibbler would probably sell in his new hot chocolate substitute ina cup.

Would that cover the smell as well?
    And if Dibbler got his money back by selling his hot chocolat substitute would he buy the elephants back?

Well if Dibbler had a lot of money in his pocket, what reason would he possibly have for spending it on elephant's.

It would of course, all disappear in mysterious and extremely coincidental circumstances, because, well, you can't have Dibbler with money. It's just not the same. He has to be broke, and desperately trying to sell sausage's ina bun at every event occuring in Ankh-Morpork.

What would Dibbler do with money if he had it I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

He'd invest it all in a foolproof scheme to get even richer, only to see the whole enterprise backfire horribly and bring him back to good ol' sausage inna bun :)

Yea, but what scam would it be?

Maybe he'd get himself involved in the Disc's first and only radio statio?

It works by placing a team of tiny telepathic demon's in a box, who, using tiny megaphone's relay the speech of the dj(disc jockey having even more meaning here) to the user through a grill in a small box.

The disc's first radio show's would include:

1. William De Worde's hourly new's cast.
    2. The top seven chart show(cause the disc would only had 8 bands and it was felt they needed some show of competition).

and...

3. The Millenium show with Foul Old Ron, and his future prediction's.

Dibbler would even reform the band with rock's in, but they wouldn't be near as successful this time due to the fact that only one member returned, and the rest had to be filled in with look-a-like's. It was found that not many human's look like either trolls or dwarfs in the end, and the entire thing was abandoned.

It would be closed down in the end as it will be found that the main dj, Phil Audio, is actaully a demon from the dungeon dimensions trying to brainwave the disc.

Dibbler would lose most of his money as he'd have just spent it building the Disc's biggest station to house the disc biggest transmitter(actually just a demon named howard who needed a quick buck, and finally found something to do with his oddly shaped head).

The rest would be taken by the patrician as reparations for destruction of property by Phil Audio in his fight against Rincewind, which was finally ended by a half brick to the head.

Well, that's just my idea, maybe someone else has a better one. C'mon people, the wackier the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

lol thats pretty good try send that the man himself.
    hmm i wudnt mind a sausage in abun right now

• Advertisement

Thanks, I was up pretty much all night writing that one, got to bed around about 6ish I think it was. Nice to know someone noticed. :D:D:D

Advertisement