Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speeding fine

• 28-08-2003 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine got done for speeding on the August Bank holiday weekend.

Thing is the Garda issued him with an old pink ticket, i.e. no penalty points mentioned and the fine is only €60.

So when he went to pay it the Garda in the station didn't know what to do with him so he took a copy of the ticket and is going to get back to him when he figures out what to do.

Can the gards still issue him with penalty points? Or does he get away penalty points free?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 angelblue

he'll get a letter in the post in about a month if he has gotten points or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

Originally posted by angelblue
    he'll get a letter in the post in about a month if he has gotten points or not

But should he not have gotten a ticket indicating this?

They issued him with an old ticket which mentions nothing about points and doesn't even have the correct price for the fine on it.

When it comes to dealing with the law the i 's have to be dotted and the t's have to be crossed.

My Question is are they still legally allowed to give him the penalty points even though they gave him the wrong ticket?
    Cos the garda in the station isn't sure if he can...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

Well in answer to my own question , they can't give him points.

The garda rang him back this morning and told him all he has to do is pay the fine and he won't be getting any penalty points.

Advertisement