Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Explorer slow

Options
  • 28-08-2003 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

I'm running IE6 on 98se on IOL Anytime and for the past couple of weeks, all the web pages I open are slow.

By this I mean the scrollbar moves in jumps down the page, there is a delay from when I click a link to it actually clicking, and they are an obvious number of seconds slower opening.

At first I thought it was just Boards. [there's a post on admin iirc along the lines of this] but it's actually all websites that are doing it.

any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Could be issue with IE?
    Myabe try repairing it via Add/Remove Appz see if it makes an improvment.

Also the usual stuff I suppose, spyware etc :-P

oooor you could just get yourself a 'better' browser like Firebird or Mozilla from www.mozilla.org

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

huh...a IE prob it was.

Mozilla flies along.

IE6 w/SP1 update was the version I had.

anyway, cheers for the link :)

Advertisement