Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conflict Desert Storm

Options
  • 28-08-2003 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Have become addicted to this game and i am amazed that a 3rd party game on GC is simply superb in every aspect of gameplay.
    My bro and I have always loved Co-Op gaming from years ago but never really found a decent console coop game.

This game whether in single or coop is brilliant and very tough.

Its a 3rd person FPS with simple objectives for all the 15 or so levels.
    The maps are huge and can take a while to getting used to them and remembering where stuff is. Graphics are decnt (GC version) sound is needed sometimes enemies firing can givew you their position which is cool.

The general idea is take a team of 4 men on missions tru Iraq and Kuwait during the 1st Gulf War usual crew are there Machine Gunner ,Heavy Weapons expert ,Sniper and Rifleman you can switch between them at any time and issue orders with ease not too complicated either.
    Some missions req the retard Franklin who you cant control but must protect (think Natalya from Goldeneye) he dies a lot.

Coop gaming means you get 2 of the 4 (2P gets Franklin dont pick 2P) Rifleman and Machine Gunner for P1 and Heavy Weapons and Sniper for 2P. Playing in Split Screen (28" TV or bigger is rec) gives you perfect viewing screen and then this games becomes something special from the health system to the sheer amount of enemies who come from preset positions make this a very decent game.

I would imagine the Xbox and PS2 are near identical.

Great game everyone buy :)
    Pt2 out in Nov or somfin.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Yah and Conflict Desert Storm 2 is due out in a month - 19th Sept but only for PS2, Xbox and PC im afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

was thinking of picking it up today, game grafton st have it for only €35 but i bought smash brothers melee instead after a long 2 months of searching. i might get it tomorrow

Advertisement