Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

StarGate Game

Options
  • 28-08-2003 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Don't know if this is the right place to be posting about this, or if it's been done before, but was there ever a Stargate game made? Cause i'd love to play a fps based on SG-1 meself. Goin round with the staff weapon or the zat's and running round cheyenne mountain would be really kewl.

Has there ever been anything of this kind? I await you answer oh Great Boards. ww)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I recall a Stargate game released on a console years ago, only saw it on Bad Influence, so it was either the SNES or Megadrive or something like that. Based on the film only, it looked like a sideways scrolly platform shooter. That's the only one as far as I can remember.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

There's a Stargate game on the SNES, based on the movie. Assuming you already have this game, you could find it on emulator sites around the world. It's not very good, to be honest. It's a rather bland side-ways shoot 'em up. It doesn't bear much resemblance to the movie itself, other than using the movie's license to lure gamers.

Uninteresting fact: Stargate was the first movie to have a full blown website for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Theres a Mod on the way for UT based on stargate. Check it out
    at http://www.ut2k3.fr/stargate/uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Looks like good stuff, gonna have to get me sticky mitts on that. Wonder if it's gonna have a story line, or if it'll be straight deathmatch action.

Must go and read more of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

There was a Stargate mod being developed for Half-Life as far as i know. I remember playing a level that was just an empty Gate Room, Briefing Room and Command Room.

• Advertisement

There was a Stargate game on gameboy a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

that half life mod d-generate mentioned is here............its FRENCH

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

Some guy developed a stargate mod (or rather is developing it) for Elite Force. I played samples of the mod for elite force and it was very impressive. Had a temple, ring transporters, the gate room, tokra base, etc...

I think he gave up on it... but only to start developing it for elite force 2. I'll be keeping a look out for it... Don't have the url anymore so need to find it again

Advertisement