Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Radio - Flirt FM in Galway

Options
  • 28-08-2003 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

Well I'm interested in getting involved in Flirt FM in Galway this year. As far as I know it's a collaborative effort between GMIT and NUIG.

Has anyone here ever had anything to do with it? How easy/hard is it to get on the air?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'm not entirely sure.

You *could* trying PM'ing "Deco" on boards here.
    He did a show with a mate during the year.
    He could point you in the right direction at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

John @ Wealth of Info dot org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cosmos

I know people who've done it .Just get in contact with them and I'm sure they'll give you a try.Go in on the societies day or just go in yourself to their station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Thanks Cosmos. I sent them a mail a few days back but still no reply.

I'm a GMIT student so I don't even know where the station actually is in NUIG - any directions would be appreciated. When I'm back down in Galway I'll probably give them a call and see what the craic is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

im in gmit too
    never knew it had anything to do with gmit
    i was actually thinking of trying to get a station in gmit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Afaik Cloud still does the Ambient Zone during the week.
    Aren't ye getting your own sub-station up there?
    About time, too much shite-hawking going on down this end tbh.

RE: Directions, it's located at the corner of Aras Uí Cathail nearest the sports centre (Aras na MacLéinn) / College Bar.
    If you get stuck just ask someone. Unless they're a stuck-up tonk or Clare-foreign you should have no hassle finding help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Yup we have the throwaways from NUIG up in the new building of GMIT now. I'm recording my first show tomorrow (Thursday) morning. There's only pre-recording facilities up there so I'm not sure when my show will be broadcast - probably the Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

I would like to get up and do a live broadcast at some stage but I suppose it'll all be up to Aine, the new station manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

A friend of mine eoin o'conner had or has a show called teenage kicks going on the college radio in nuig,
    fecker was always getting tickets to gigs and press passes in concerts.

if hes still around have a word with him

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Jeff_Lebowski
    I would like to get up and do a live broadcast at some stage but I suppose it'll all be up to Aine, the new station manager.
    Heh, just don't keep referring to "our listener" (or call Prince "the artist currently known as 'pretentious w***er'"). Or ask "our listener" to phone in and tell you whether records are played from the inside out or outside in. Just a few lowlights from my last Wired (UL/MIC/LIT) show a few years back.

Advertisement