Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New spider?

Options
  • 28-08-2003 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Is this thing common? I'm forever throwing spiders out of the bathroom or near the window but this one scared the heck out of me.

I am just wonder if it is a known spieces? :) (if not can I name it? )

two of it's legs spread out to 3 inches tip to tip, and it's front has what look like fangs but are kind of hooked claws.

I have the thing trapped under a glass.. I'm contemplating throwing it out back but it has to be the weirdest spider I have ever seen in my life.

sorry for the bad picture.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Tummon

Kool spider i found a 3.2 inch house spider(that dirty great big black one you find on the ground in a shed) i named it Herby and have kept it for a year now.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

pholcus_phalangioides_small.jpg
    I have lots of these cellar spiders all over my house. I never try to get rid of them... I find them totally fascinating. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I thought it was just me - they are gettin bigger
    There was a huge one climbing up the wall outside my house the other night.. must have been about 3 inches.. maybe it has something to do with our recent good weather..

I love my spider now it kills all the evil wasps tryin to sting me and steal all my sugar!!!!! Evil they are EVIL!!!!!!! Anyhow i also have many carnivorous plants to kill em too. I realy dont like wasps we are infested.:(
    But my plants will get em if Herby dosnt.
    Spiders are great pets as are lizzards and birds and fish and dogs and of course cats....... as you can tell i have a lot of pets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

if i saw a spider like either of those 2, SQUASH with the boot.

• Advertisement

Now killin spiders is mean but i wont condem u yet whats your policy on wasps? If its kill with extream anti-waspness good, other wise crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

I just leave wasps alone.
    Never got stung by one and i dont think i will unless i start aggrevating it..

When i was 7 i was first stung as i was walking through the phoenix park and a wasp landed on my head of all places and stung me under my hair. Thats when the hate began. Your lucky and cant blame you for not hating them they also stung my mams thung when she was eating an apple 1 landed on it she bit down it took off and stung her, she was ok but it could have blocked her air passage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

You think wasp stings are bad - one time i was throwing a spider out the window and he got loose and ran up my arm leaving a nasty rash there for a few days.. I think he bit me or somethin.. I hate the ****ers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

this time of year all sorts of crawlies will come into the house were it is warm
    or to hide eggs .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Gah, the head is nothing. I know someone who was on his bike speeding along and he swallowed a wasp and got stung many times internerally (he was allergic to wasps too), very nearly died.

Ouch, you win he/she must realy hate wasps they suck, invader zim rulz. I luv bumble bees for some reason theyve never stung me very passive little things proably cause they would die if they stung me, still i like em. I've never seen a bumble bee get eaten by a spider either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Bumble bees are nice because they're so docile whereas a wasp will buzz into your face and generally get on your nerves. The bee sting is meant to be a lot worse than the wasp sting but it happens a lot less. The thing about bees is that they'll only attack you if they're put at a severe risk or they're dying whereas a wasp will sting you for something as simple as shooing it away.
    I'm pretty sure I saw a bee on a spider's web before. I'm not sure if it was still alive or not, maybe the spider was waiting to make sure it was dead before moving in for a nice sweet feast.

Sounds like a spider to me, a wasp stung my dogs paw today curse it i had to carry her all the way home from the park then poor dog.

Advertisement