Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

muse- absolution

• 28-08-2003 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

does anyone know when the hell that album is out coz i went into hmv in blanchardstown a few weeks ago and i asked the and they said it was out on the 22nd of august but now nowhere (in waterford) including golden discs, bpm etc doesent seem to have it and no one has a clue when its out. just wonderin if anyone knows the release date????? also what do people think of the 2 new songs they have out "stockholm syndrome" and "time is running out"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

it's out on 22/09, which is september, which makes the shop assistant a moron who can't count months
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

>>New album out on 22 september 2003

>>2nd single available on 08/09/2003 (time is running out)

I Really liked Stockholm syndrome. I first heard the riff on a bootleg of their V2002 gig. Since then, they've turned it into a gr8 song.
    The video was a bit of a let down, but its good cos it's got some messages and stuff in it, so if u can watch it without hurting yer eyes, do so!
    The single is available for £0.99 on www.muse.mu . ANyone else buy it?

The new TIRO video look good, its based on Dr. Strange love. I esp like the way the lyrics of the song would hav u thinking its about some person, then they fitted the video into it. good stuff.
    The song is a tribute to some elvis song, i forget which

Cant wait for the new alb, theres going to be a bonus song on the Japanese version, and a limited number will have a DVD. THe dvd will prolly be like the 2nd hullabaloo disk (ie a good laugh!- u know what i mean if you've seen it), and since they made a lot of the alb in Westmeath @ Grouse Lodge, there'll no doubt be a bit of ireland on it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dragon_ninja82

I managed to get my hands on a pre-release copy of that album around 3 weeks ago, its pretty freakin good, its by far my favourite muse album!

Originally posted by dragon_ninja82
    I managed to get my hands on a pre-release copy of that album around 3 weeks ago, its pretty freakin good, its by far my favourite muse album!

Whats your fave song on the alb?
    mines The Small Print, its a really lould one, good one for playing live.

'The small print' doesnt seem to be on mine. Heres the tracklisting on my copy

01. Intro
    02. Apocalypse Please
    03. Time Is Running Out
    04. Sing For Absolution
    05. Stockholm Syndrome
    06. Falling Away With You
    07. Interlude
    08. Hysteria
    09. Blackout
    10. Butterflies And Hurricanes
    11. TSP
    12. Endlessly
    13. Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist
    14. Ruled By Secrecy

I really like hysteria, and stockholm syndrome of course!

• Advertisement

oh, yeah, its TSP, there u go, now u know what it stands for :)

That makes sense, I feel so un-observant now :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I like "Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yeh, I must say I like this album, didn't think much of their last one so it's a pleasant surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

ah thanks guys. that idiot in hmv said it was 22nd of august. the new album is looking really good. time is running out i think is a tribute to billy gene by michael jackson. it was on a radio 1 interview.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Junebug

Does anybody know if Muse will be playing in Dublin this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

No there are no dates in Ireland for the next tour by Muse, which is quite surprising considering how much of it was recorded in Ireland. Their message boards had big discussions about it, all the irish fans seem to have complained but alas no changes were made to the tour :(

I am glad I saw them back when they were small enough supporting Ash in Cork for the green energy festival. Great gig that was! Have always meant to see them again but was away the last two times they played here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

you can get it for 95 hong kong dollars here ........which is the equivalent of less than 11euro.
    +Free Delivery to anywhere in the world

The limited edition DVD version is around 16euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

22/09 is the UK release date. 'Absolution' is released in Ireland next Friday (19/09).

On the subject of Irish dates, I'm presuming they're holding off Ireland until the 2004 festival period, possibly a Witnness or Reading Ireland slot, or maybe even Dublin Castle again for Heiniken Green Energy. Perhaps MCD wouldn't book the band because of doubt whether they would fill The Point or not, which is the only venue (besides Dublin Castle) suited to Muse given their popularity. Its pretty stupid, as Irish dates are usually a given, and they are touring Europe quite extensively...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

The reason they arent coming to Ireland was put to the band when they were on Gonzo last week and they said that the Point weren't sure if they'd fill it. And as the band are only doing arena shows on this tour (after a few small ones to get them back in the groove) they cant find anywhere else to play. They also said they will be playing at some festivals here next summer. I'm definitely going to Britain to see them. The new live show is more extravagant than ever (with confetti bombs, moving lcd screens and of course... the massive balloons, this time mid-show). I've got my grubby mits on the album and it rules. Hysteria is by far the best song the band have ever done and its out as a single in november. The bonus dvd with the album is 40 minutes long and sounds like it should be class. Some of it is filmed in Westmeath in a place called Grouse Lodge, if i remember correctly, where they recorded some of the album.

Love,
    The Soapster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I watched the DVD about 50 minutes ago and it is not that amazing, no real interviews with the band, just watching them recording, pretty repetitive after 20 minutes. Lots and lots of Grouse Lodge was shown, looks so cool and nice. I wish to live there now :)

Advertisement