Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

As a matter of interest.......

Options
  • 23-04-1999 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Seeing as Dev pointed out that more ppl died of smoking yesterday than from serbian bombings, just wonderin how many Irish Quake players smoke. As far as I can see, it's a scary amount.
    The few that i know are :
    Zero (30+ a day atm, cuttin down), OL, Krusty, Orion, Beast, Sonic, Epoq, Rogue, Diablo,MP, Reaper, Bunny, Regi, Devore, Vexorg, Blade, and lots more only im too tired to remember. maybe one of MP's pointless polls could give us a percentage, I'm sure it's scary.

we are all slowly dying, and it's not from Quad.

[This message has been edited by Zero (edited 23-04-99).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

hehehe sure ya cant cure lung cancer with a rckt jump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

20/30 a day.

wonder how many units of alcohol we'd drink in a week? the "heavy norm"is sposed to 22 or summat. Thats like 11 pints. Now how many of us can say we stick to that ffs! You'd do it in a night like.

healthy bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i know this super little shop where i got my iron lung if you want the address?
    20 a day
    about 50 units a week
    sad.gif
    at least ive givin up heroin

white(give it to me baby)wash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I'd rather die from smoking than a serbian bullet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Can't play quake without a ciggy. At least 20 a day. Live a little. I like to convince myself i'll get the big C if I'm meant to even if I smoke or not. Especially with all that smoke in the pubs where I have my 50-60 units a week smile.gif

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

my smoking career lasted all of 5mins when i was 12...round the back of the prefabs with 2 lads: "heheh..i nicked me ma's ciggies"..."give us a puff yah bol1ix, yeh heh, i'm so cool, *cough* *cough*"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

I smoke a ten pack in two days, which isn't a lot...

Used to smoke heavily but cut down when I got a bit of a scare with a bad lung infection.

I'm getting back into the rythym though wink.gif

Kegs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ChRoMe99

I smoke about 10 a day. I dont drink but i do smoke hashish. I think the people who smoke hashish (which is a fair amount of people who play quake i think) would be more at risk (no filter etc). But keep in mind class b drugs kill about one person per month (far more kill themselves with ahcolol posisioning).Another thing is that coffee has been proven to cause cancer in animals (over 600 chemicals in it). So whatever you do your ****3d.

Life is wounderful

ChRoMe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭harVey

i did be reading in the paper the other day that the CRTs in monitors contain some weird chemical compund or something that fu(ks you up bigtime and that someone wants to ban them.
    ?
    yeah you're gonna die anyway

harVey

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pox

yeah, only if you eat the monitor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Ahhh nicotine, one of the few vices I don't have.... Allergic reaction to it actually.

Leaf cannabis like... lovely stuff. And I don't think it's that bad for your lungs, cos like, no way would you go through as many joints a day as most ppl do cigarettes. Maybe one or two joints a week is me, often less... Doesn't compare to 20 fags a day by anyone's count.

Alcohol.... Ahh crap. I'm dying lads... about 30 units a week when I'm working, and on weeks off, that could hit 80 to 100 no problem.

Caffeine is my main vice though... 3 litres of coke in one night and 6 cups of coffee in one morning is not in the slightest bit unusual...

Still, like Regi says, I'd prefer to die from that lot than from a bullet in the gullet....

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

Smoking is bad, me smoke not!.as to the units thingy hehehe smile.gif..when I`m not studying and going out loads, ask freak wink.gif, mmm its a lot o units..not sure how many, over 50 anyway... smile.gif. role on qp '99 smile.gif.

Later

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

dont you mean dp?

drinkapalooza 99 here we come smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CrassH

People of all ages are smoking im 13 i dont smoke but the majority of my friends and ppl i know at my age does i think smokings gay especially at my age at my age people do it to be CooooOooOol ! but its gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Judas

Sorry i thought this was a quake board smile.gif
    I must be mistakin! tongue.gif
    Judas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 KrPtoRChiLD

Well ! So those Quake boys are not just unhealthy with the amount of time they waste playin that fukkin game but also in the amount of fags,alcohal and narcotics consumed eh?? Whats the matter ladies.....quake stress too much for ye ??? smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.giftongue.gif
    SAD ! ITS JUST SO FUKKIN SAD tongue.gif

Advertisement