Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going to debs with [a muso]

• 29-08-2003 2:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

My friend Ruth is going to the debs with [some muso], lead singer of [a band]. They are best friends and known each other for years. Anway, the debs are in 2 weeks and the prick isnt answering his phone. What should she do!?

Let down [said muso] and get someone else.
    Or wait in the hope that he will ring before her debs arrive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

do what i did a long time ago, get a backup :) although it might be cutting it close for her "backup" to get a tux on short notice! depends on where he lives. if he's not answering (and is at home/on his mobile) fcuk him, think he'd remember by now, but 2 weeks is plenty of time :). tell her to be worried in 1 week from now, in the mean time, get someone that might be able to go on short notice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Originally posted by denis_o_leary
    My friend Ruth is going to the debs with [a musician], lead singer of the [a band]...

You just wanted to tell us that, and no, we aren't impressed.
    :rolleyes:

edited names in quote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Obviously she should sell this story to the papers, ruining The Band and getting them off life's stage for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

My god,
    i thought he was gay...

he is isnt he,
    well he is the biggest gimp known to man and jesus if i ever see the buck tooth boll*x ill lay him one...

hes a dick tell her to find some1 else.. tbh if i was a chick id be embarrased to walk or talk to that gimp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If I was a chick I'd never get out of bed in the morning...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by Sarky
    If I was a chick I'd never get out of bed in the morning...

Thats a guy in a girls body. Women actually get into the shower for some[im guessing...].

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Originally posted by Sarky
    Obviously she should sell this story to the papers, ruining The Band and getting them off life's stage for good.
    We live in hope :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I agree with Lex Diamonds, are you really serious about wanting help or are you stating this for posterity?

The name of the band member and band has been removed. I'm closing this but if you want to start another thread with the raw problem please do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

No, Im serious. She wanted advice on what to do so I decided to get help from ye.

I'll show her this thread and see what she thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Lex you ninny! you managed to post the censored name of the band AND the bandmember in the subject line of your post!

It's still there!

tribble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by tribble
    Lex you ninny! you managed to post the censored name of the band AND the bandmember in the subject line of your post!

It's still there!

tribble

sorted, thanks.

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

It turns out the [man] can't go with her coz the band are working every day from the 8th to the 20th and he cant take anytime off.

Lucky she took Bob's advice and got a backup. Thanks lads (well just bob).

[edit: insults removed. << Fio >>]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Editing the names doesn't matter, doing a site:boards.ie search and some keywords from the subject line still turns up the original names in Google's cache.

As long as Google's cache has it and not boards.ie, I think people could check it without boards.ie being accused of libel...?

These above views and/or comments are not from CombatCow,but Magic Monkey :rolleyes:

Ted will ya frikken remember to log in yourself.jeez

CombatCow ( really! )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Shhh Combatcow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Oh, for crying out loud, they're hardly the fricking Beatles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

[edit: insults removed. Please read the charter. Insults apply both to members and non-members of boards. << Fio >>]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Grow up kids.

<< Fio >>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement