Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden Oldies Forum

Options
  • 29-08-2003 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Dear Devore

How we doing Devore im a great admirer of your work and this is why im writing to you, im a big fan of the music from the sixties and seventies , including led zepplin to the byrds, if you could let me moderate a new forum im sure the music section of boards could certainly open up to a whole new market of posters of the older generation. Please let me open this as a new forum.

Thanking You

Willem

Best Regards
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I would have thought that this sort of thing would be fine on the current music forums, but have you looked at the 'All things retro' forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Dear Ecksor

Ecksor thanks for the reply its much appreciated but to answer your question , Yes i have read the retro boards post and it has become very dormant inside there to say the least, and i'd like to run with this idea so much so in the direction of purely music and having said that i think it will draw quite an audience and posters.

Thanking You

Willem

Best Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

The bad news is that those requesting a forum to moderate themselves usually don't get to (perhaps because of their lack of selflessness :() But let's push this to FB / Suggs and see what others think.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Boards is getting too big! Down with boards icon13.gif down with big lists icon13.gif and down with Eider icon14.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Brill, I'm all in favour of this one.

All respect to Rock/metal forum, I just don't feel at home there discussing Cream, Ten Years After, Canned Heat, and all the other dinosaurs of Rock. Great craic making each other jealous by posting up our vinyl collections. Could be an opportunity for arranging swaps, etc.

My thumbs up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 RockViper

Yeah this idea has my thumbs up aswell, a golden oldies/classic rock forum sounds like a class idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Classic Rock DAMN STRAIGHT

It don't feel right it the Rock/Metal forum :)

ps. VOTE ME FOR MOD!

If this forum passes and I am elected MOD I promise to delete any threads that ask what music you are listening to :)

Originally posted by Giblet

If this forum passes and I am elected MOD I promise to delete any threads that ask what music you are listening to :)

Give that dude the Moduraturship. He's together, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I endorse this product and/or event.
    But maybe a different name for the board, perhaps Classic Rock like people have suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Maybe All Things Retro could have a sub-set for crusty rockers?

Mike "I Have Every Floyd Studio Album bar Atom Heart Mother!"65

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Wait a sec, you DONT have Atom Heart Mother?!

Originally posted by mike65

Mike "I Have Every Floyd Studio Album bar Atom Heart Mother!"65

Can swap my AHM if you've got "The Wall". Dammit, g'wan so, I'll throw in my special edition "Dark Side.." also.

Classic Rock as a forum name is too restrictive ........ Saturday night apres drinks some of us appreciate a bit of Leonard Cohen and other "easy" listening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:D Careful now we don't want to end up as a sad trading post...

"...its a limited edition picture disk 4 track ep with a free badge!"

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by pro_gnostic_8
    Classic Rock as a forum name is too restrictive ........ Saturday night apres drinks some of us appreciate a bit of Leonard Cohen and other "easy" listening.
    He's easy listening? :)
    I still think Golden Oldies is a bad name, makes it sound like a board where people talk about Cliff Richard or something. How about a name like "The Classics" or something like that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I think the classics is a good title, aslong as it's defined in the charter that its for rock and the like and not bach, motzart and the lads.
    I be also a fan of this music. But if it turns into a whats your favourite xxx song or what are you listening to now forum delet the frickin thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

Sounds like a winner to me

I love the kinks, the clash and other acient bands..

P.S. meh forh teh MoD

Advertisement