Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

They let us out....

• 29-08-2003 11:43am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭

1 1/2 hours of work left then hhoollliiddaayyysss,

just in case we may happen to stumble across puters on holidays which been the non nerds/geeks that we are will happen:P and can manage to use their strange foreign keyboards:) can keep in touch with everyone:)

and this is a totally relevent Carlow IT thread!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

hr and bit till leave for airport!
    this shall be spam for holidays heheh

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

have a good one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

yeah, enjoy! bring me back a stick of rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

have a good one

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Bloodstock rocked:)))Night wish were amazing:))
    Alcohol is soooo amazingly cheap and the food is both soo cheap and soo good, I loves Prague:))

• Advertisement

wowwww at nightwish
    i nearly had multiple heart-attacks ... kjinda in aye, and couldnt speak after for many many .... time

.... mmmmmmmmmm

prague rocks - our own appartment, and and and cheap stuff ... altho livin beyond our means lately, means gonna be sleeping on park benches soon enough - but sure, if get stuck can sell one other two for biological experiemnts if need be fer few extra CZK :D

leaving prague tomorrow - in theroy; gotta find train times + ....hmmm organisy thingies

'cuuse spelling, ****e keyboard, everythin in right place [more or less] just crappy small thingie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

ye better have presents for those of us who can't afford holidays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

:( u gota see nightwish :( awwww .... i wana see nightwish :( what song did they do ? is she as good singing as on the albums ?she b dam sexy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

i refuse to post in this thread until you make it interesting

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

She is as pretty in reality as she is in pictures:) and her voice more amazing then on cds:) they are such a pretty band:)

In warsaw at the moment after a 13 hour train journey, maybe we missed the exciting bits but its not the most exciting place so heading to auschwitz tomorrow:)

How on earth does 580km take 13 hours on a train??

• Advertisement

Oh yes, Nightwish excelllent, very nice, lovely voice - performance theatre-like - 2 encours + bow at end etc
    Bless the child started
    ended w/ Walking in the air, followed by over the hills
    she is my sin, deep silent complete, devil and the deep dark ocean, phantasmic, emm lots songs lol

Poland is a bit ... crap
    ended up in warsaw at 6.30am ... in middle of shanty town, with people being used instead of donkeys to tow carts of stuff
    freezing cold, and looked like image from 3rd world country w/ food carts manky as hell....walked fer over an hr [prob be corrected by rach] - and finally made to city centre - not much better
    most boring place on earth .... krakow it is tomorrow
    [i'll never believe what i see in films again - warsaw always looks kewl in espionage films ... and secret agents and cool card everywhere... no such luck]

Bag is full - so prob end up dumpign t-shirts dont want ne more on way back to fill bag w/ booze/smokes - which ofc coming straight to house!!! ... if something smasges, just gonna have to squeeze all the alcoholy goodness from over-worn t-shirts!

*edit* Takes so long due to the Train Goblins undoing the wheels ... and 5 passport checks + drugs check dont help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by Moonbeam
    Bloodstock rocked:)))Night wish were amazing:))
    Alcohol is soooo amazingly cheap and the food is both soo cheap and soo good, I loves Prague:))

BIATCH!!!

Warsaw isnt worth the effort it takes ot get there,
    Metal hoodies and tshirts sooooo cheap over here my bag keeps gettin heavier:(

Warsaw is worst place have seen ... ever

Theres one nice building in main city, and old city is tiny compared to warsaw overall - so doesn't make up for the urban jungle of it all [and not urban jungle in the kewl guns w/ ropes hanging from buildings and guys swinging off them making lots random noises]

In Krakow for last few days which is kewl, cheapness beer...and just relaxful in full - excellent metal bar was found [i have no sense of direction home/places ... put me in a random city and i shall find the pubs, and possible metal outlets] ... great fun - a place where they haven't heard of slayer, but have plenty of nightwish songs ..... gotta love 'em!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Ye'd just better bring me back pressies or else.

I'm warning ye, I have a rabbit picked out already...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I want a bar of rock.

Agghhhh silly blondes leave the country and they follow:( woke up bright and early to there screechin grrr
    Otherwise Budapest rocks:)

Well Staying in kewl hostel in budapest, tis expensive, at 20 yoyo each a night, staying in a dorm
    but theres a bar downstairs, so i can drink at cheap price, and smoke lungs outta me.
    Keyboards here suck ....
    ...Well whatever money I have left in prague, i shall be buying smokes/alcohol
    fill bags w/ em ... and threy shall be smoked/drank in tha house - fresh too....since after leave prague, only 1 night at home :D

think heading to croatia next ... but due to lack of other ppl's language skills here .... who knows where we end up.
    roll on college :D

The lift goes from the bar to the bedroom literally:))) it rocks'!!

Well, went from budapest => split in croatia
    16 hr journey
    wasn't as bad as we expecting
    croatia is roasting [dont believe other 2 complaining about wind/cold ...]
    was nice breeze .. and lots water
    prices not too expensive, or cheap here really ... nothing interesting other than still alive
    seems to be more interestign stuff on forums
    cillian returning to carlow *shock, sigh*
    suppose glad now i got the extra ports on switch ... no guesses for who'll be leeching!

• Advertisement

Me cause I got the better hair:P

It was cold well the wind was:(
    we didnt get to go swimming and was too cold to stay on beach:(

R there many goths / teeny-boppers around there? lol

How b u mad lot? R ye out of money yet lol :rolleyes:

fair few rockers
    not same stigma as attached in ireland
    ...money is .... hmmm
    think ive 200 yoyo left, approx
    just arrived into bratislava - slovakian capital [think]
    trying to find accomodation currently ... well; other 2 are, im dossing on irc/net/pa in general lol
    no other news bar 24 hrs of trains!

cant find accom but can find an internet cafe tis great:)
    there were a fairfew rockers around the place the usual kiddies and a few older ones too:)
    I wanna get pissed!

Originally posted by Sinnocence
    not same stigma as attached in ireland

WTF do ye mean?

well
    ye know when yer walking around dublin
    and get ppl running to other side of street when u walk near em
    and ... various strange/funny looks
    ....that not here ... yer regarded as semi-normal here, ... tis unusual being regarded normal ;0

Thats just u:P
    wait until u get to Carlow it was far worse then anywhere I have ever been before

excellent
    thats always fun
    ... i'll be happy if manage to get another scumbag to cycle into a lamp post from staring at me ;)

Nearly home now - and straight to carlow!!
    !woot!

Thats just u:P
    wait until u get to Carlow it was far worse then anywhere I have ever been before

Carlow ain't bad.

*thinks*

Actually, me suppose's it is.

But then again, me walks around dressed like a terrorist (or as near as possible).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

hold on now??
    When are yee in carlow???
    Its Don1's 21st birthday tomorrow and we're going out tonight!

wooo
    tis 3.40am
    ill be down in bout 13 hrs :)))))

haha ur going to be wrecked!!
    tis tempting to come down thursday night dont have to be in work until 11:30 on friday:) and tis payday will wait and see though

jerry- but lookin like a terrorist u fit right in up here!!
    not remember what it was like in first year?

haha ur going to be wrecked!!
    tis tempting to come down thursday night dont have to be in work until 11:30 on friday:) and tis payday will wait and see though

jerry- but lookin like a terrorist u fit right in up here!!
    not remember what it was like in first year?

First Year; due to physics, that part of the memory cache is forever fried :rolleyes:

Fit right in... where? Where do they go around dressed like terrorists? :ninja: Dublin?

This being an on-line forum, "here" is in no particular place :confused:

As fer the "people looking at you like yer a complete nutter", me suppose's me's kinda just used to it, and feel odd if a certain stigma doesn't happen :p

no like in Dublin its normal to see strange lookin people in trenchs etc,
    In Carlow in first year there were very few rockers/goths/metalers in the college and was strange!

normal people are strange due to their over-compensating normalisations ... at least strange people don't have that problem!
    \o/

• Advertisement

Bringing a carrot to the pub to replace u
    and a random quote generator
    think anyone will notice?

Bringing a carrot to the pub to replace u
    and a random quote generator
    think anyone will notice?

Em; thay may, if they ask a techie question...! :D

Haha if the carrot does or others?
    U obviously have never been Thursday drinkin with us!!
    Everyones a techie!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

what happened to the post about the cucumber?

Originally posted by The_B_Man
    what happened to the post about the cucumber?
    I thought about it, and thought it may have been a bit too rude, so I deleted it.
    Haha if the carrot does or others?
    U obviously have never been Thursday drinkin with us!!
    Everyones a techie!!
    I have, actually. And the techie question was a joke. But have you seen many carrots walk into a bar lately (while you've been sober)? Hehehehehe :p

• Advertisement

yer all just Jeolous!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement