Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P.N.03

Options
  • 29-08-2003 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭

P.N.03 is out today on the Gamecube. Has anyone played it?

Looks old school, hard, and bloody fun. :)

- Dave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Game in Liffey Valley not sure if they have it :confused:
    Not going into town for it still a bit 50/50 on it.

Come on someone buy it ....... :)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I might pick it up from Game later today so at least I'll be able to return it. It looks kinda like Gungrave to me, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm considering getting it. I need to think about it though. It's got good reviews. I heard it grows on you and gets better the more you play it and try to beat your own rank. Played the Demo in America. It seemed like great mindless blasting fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

very hard but damn good fun.

cabal or mercs in 3d is what it feels like. not being able to move when firing though is a bit of a pain in the arse but the strafe dodge makes up for it. overall the controls are a bit cumbersome(there is a split second pause when you pull off most move until you can move again, that also includes dropping from the smallest of step.) As you get better thought the little quirks become second nature as you know doing such and such a maneuver will leave you exposed then your dancing through hordes of incoming bullets like a pro. probably a rent before you buy job for most.

[edit]after a few more hours of this i can safely say holy sweet mary mother of asumpta may i take the lords name in vain but my sweet fuppin jebus is this ****ing hard :) do not use a wavebird with this one unless you have an awful lot of spare batteries.[/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I like it alot. Like DiscoStu said, controls are a bit sluggish, but you get used to them... after an hour or two, you'll have her somersalting around the screen. I'd love to be able to shoot while moving, though.....

Its very stylish, lovely animation, good techno/rock soundtrack (which Vanessa dances to - nice touch!). I can see myself playing through this a couple of times at least.

Oh, by the way, its €50 in Gamesworld (€60 everywhere else).

- Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Originally posted by TmB

Oh, by the way, its €50 in Gamesworld (€60 everywhere else).

that's just classic, they must have read the recent threads

Well I finished it last night. Just restarted on hard - it really is f**king hard.... :)

I think this game will be seriously impossible with the Papillon suit..... (one hit kills you)

- Dave.

Give yah €30 for it :D

worth a shot :)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Well Gamezville only gave it 3 gs so thats gotta make you wonder :D

Originally posted by Kold

Not made by EA so doesnt get 5 thingies.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by Kold

it only got 3 G'ez because there was to much real time strategy in it and real time strategy gamez dont sit well with the playstation generation, so word up my giz dawgs and get some tony hawk pro skaterez action on.

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    it only got 3 G'ez because there was to much real time strategy in it and real time strategy gamez dont sit well with the playstation generation, so word up my giz dawgs and get some tony hawk pro skaterez action on.

LMAO !!!

kdjac

I can't understand why its doin' so bad, man. PN03 is wikkid! Its well hard and will 'ave you playin' it for hours just to beat your score.... I give it fo' G's..... I'd give it fi' G's if it wuz called Fifa PN03, coz that would be wikkid. Man.

Advertisement