Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bizarre weight fluctuations

• 29-08-2003 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

On Sunday I weighed 66kg.

On Tuesday I weighed 69kg.

Today I weigh 65 kg.

Wtf?! I don't understand how my weight can change so much in 6 days. I've lost 4 kg in 3 days.

Does this happen to anybody else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

first off scales do not infact show your weight but in fact your mass.
    ( think back to like intercert maths or science )

now where you wearing the same clothes and or shoes when you weighed yourself.

If you have on a big pair of boots one day and light pair of runners the next you will weigh differently.

"Whats it got in it's pockets ?"
    had you a heap of heavy thing in your pockets as in large bunch of keys ect
    a lot of people ( mostly guys) can pick up all sort of things in thier daily travels and not reasile it.

as the scales measure you mass and convert it is can be possible that you were dehrydrated and you weighed lighter. you go for a swim or jog or at the end of a long hot sweaty day and you weigh lighter until you get a few pints of liquid in you.

now if it isnt all that 1 kg equals roughly 2 pounds in weight. If you are steepin gup your fitness level and watching what you eat it can be possilbe to loose that ammount of mass but becare dont over do it and remember steady losses stay off.

oh and in case someone is messing with your head check there is not a magent stuck to the scales the days your weight fluctuates. sneaky but effective :D way to drive a religous weight watcher fantic arround the bend.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I stopped weighing myself in 1997
    I suggest you do the same....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

Its depends on what time you weight yourself. First thing in the morning you will be at your lightest. Empty stomach etc But towards end of day you will be a few pounds heavier. I'm always around 14ish stone in morning and at night around 14 and an half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Well the 69 kg was the afternoon so that could explain it. The other times were first thing in the morning and I was naked.

The only reason I'm weighing myself so much is that I'm at the beginning of a training regime (for bouldering competitions, dont ask).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Weigh yourself at the same time every morning after going to the bathroom and your weight shouldn't be too different from day to day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Are your scales always on the same surface?.I read once that it can affect readings but didn't believe it until I tried it out.Amazingly enough it was true!...I weighed 14 stone on a tiled floor and 13 stone on a carpet, or possibly the other way around but in any event there was a stone in the difference.Doesn't happen with every type of scales but maybe that accounts for the diff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Bart: Um, Homer? You're uh, on the towel rack...

Advertisement