Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roddy Collins sacked as Carlisle manager

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

It's been inevitable for a good while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

I Taught he'd do a good job,loks like i was wrong.

Wonder where he goes now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

I wonder if he'll have another sob story about how he was screwed over by forces outside his control...though how he'll manage this now it is his 'mate' who owns the club is questionable.

Looks like the players didn't respond well to his tough-love style of managing, to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Heheh just had an evil thought.

Roddy Collins for Liverpool manager !!!

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Anyone who watched the Rod Squad documentary shouldn't be surprised by this. Funny as it was, it's tragic to see the sham in charge of any football club.

Was there any mention of such run of the mill things like tactics during the show? Just seemed to be expletives and talk of Louis Copeland £1000 suits...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

couldnt happen to a more deserving man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

I wonder what will happen to the Irish players that he brought over with him......Id imagine the next manager to take over wont see fit to let them stay too long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I watched the Rod Squad. It just goes to show what a tool he really was. I thought he would make a go of it over there but seemingly not. All he ever did was whine and curse everything around him. Hardly the attributes of a football manager:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Good enough for him It proves that a good line in bull poop will not get you everywhere. He is a chancer and I am sorry for whatever National League club takes him in. (Unless its Bohs or Rovers: They deserve him)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I heard he was in th erunning for the Drogheda Utd job

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Originally posted by jonno
    I heard he was in th erunning for the Drogheda Utd job

poor Drogheda!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

LOL - in the final episode of Rod Squad, about 5 minutes before the end (where they updated us on his resignation), you see RC espousing his own personal ambition:

'I want to get the job done here, and I don't think it will take 5 years. Then I want to manage Glasgow Celtic, and from there the Irish International Team. I want to manage my country.'

RC: Dreamer Extraordinaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Originally posted by Genghis
    'I want to get the job done here, and I don't think it will take 5 years. Then I want to manage Glasgow Celtic, and from there the Irish International Team. I want to manage my country.'

lol yeah I saw that. I have to say I cringed with the thought of Collins managing Ireland! :eek:

Advertisement