Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great boards.ie article by Karlin

Options
  • 29-08-2003 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Well done on the article in to-days Irish Times Business section on boards.ie. IOFFL got some very favourable publicity as well.

M.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭corkie

After going offline , getting the page out of a neighbours copy. Extracting some quotes and typing them for my own site.

I get to the byline and find it available on line here:
    weblog.techno-culture.com

A few quotes from the articale that I liked available here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Yup good to get a mention. Thanks, Tom.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There's more info on this article in the After Hours forum afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Great boards.ie article by Karlin

Sure is, very entertaining, informative and about bloody time!.

P.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

Great article, good to see boards (and Devore!) getting recognition they truly deserve.

Loved the bit..
    After the site gave a home to the discussion forum for a tiny new lobby group campaigning for affordable home broadband internet connections called Ireland Offline, the group gained immediate visibility, attracted members, drew thousands to its forum, and now has become a notable lobby group that no broadband stakeholder - from the Government to regulatory agencies to network providers - can afford to ignore.

To me, this really sums up the status that IrelandOffline has achieved :)

Martin Harran

• Advertisement
Advertisement