Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Team orders ok?

• 29-08-2003 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

So what's the story, can the front-running teams ask the sidekick to move over or do they all have to race each other? FIA banned team orders, right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Yeah, its true that they are banned but team orders are a central part of any team in F1 except Williams. They will always exist except now, a team order cannot be a blatant "get out of the way for your team mate" ala Austria 2001 when we witnessed live on television, Todt telling Rubens to give Michael his race position.

Williams wont be stoopid now. Montoya is the only realisitc chance of getting the WDC and i cant see frank/patrick head letting a Williams tradition of their drivers always race getting in the way. Williams always rated the CC above the WDC so you never know.

Ferrari obviously.....Rubens will be rear guard from now on and possible controversial incidents i can envisge. Rubens taking a dive for the team and taking someone with him.

Mclaren ....i doubt it will be an issue. Kimmi will outpace DC so he will run the rear guard but thats assuming he can keep the pace.

Its certainly poised for controversy...i can see 1st corner incidents and much more. The racing in general has been ...not fantastic but the overall picture is exciting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭irishman_abroad

I think a central flaw in this debate is defining the difference between team orders (a la Austria) and an agreement between two drivers(Coul/Hakk in Oz). If asked afterwards they can always say it was a gentlemans agreement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by irishman_abroad
    and an agreement between two drivers(Coul/Hakk in Oz). If asked afterwards they can always say it was a gentlemans agreement.

"1st into the first corner wins"....a gentlemans agreement?
    They are supposed to be grandprix racers...that was team orders too!

..and even if two drivers have this "gentlemans agreement" you will still incur the wrath of the FIA. You cant simply pull over and let the other driver through and no team will allow that.

Some simple tactic like delaying one in their pitstop etc etc.

Advertisement