Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blatant

• 29-08-2003 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I was recently in a UK based electronics store in Blanchardstown. I was horrified looking at the prices marked. I was previously browsing their website and assumed that prices will be similar to their Web prices, may be slightly higher. Fact was the in-store prices were almost 100% higher than those on their website. When I mentioned this to the Shop assistant, he said "Our pricing structure for Ireland is different. It is not based on prices in UK" .
    :(
    I just walked out and ordered the stuff on the web. Though I had to wait 3 days , I saved at least 40% after paying postage.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I recently bought a network card in the same place. I was horrified when I got to work and found out it was ISA!!!

I looked really stoopid in front of the boss then. Who still sells ISA NICs??? How was I supposed to know??? (It didn't say on the box, btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

if it was Maplins then say so please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by Muck
    if it was Maplins then say so please!

Probably as Dixons and Computer City dont have an Irish Site for eactly this reason - too easy to compare prices.

www.dixons.ie "This site is currently under development"

Yeah right - for two years??

ozmo

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by BrownBoy
    a UK based electronics store
    no-one's going to criticise you for naming them.

(actually people would probably rather if you did)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 BrownBoy

It was maplin ! how did u guys know ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by BrownBoy
    It was maplin ! how did u guys know ?

Because we know what they're like for prices so it's a bit obvious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by LFCFan
    Because we know what they're like for prices so it's a bit obvious!

Maplins sale prices are a bit more realistic though.
    See www.maplin.co.uk for current items on offer.

Their PC gear (motherboards, QuitePC stuff, shuttle boxes etc) is sometimes also only a little bit of a ripoff. You can get cheaper online - but its a nice shop to browse in.

ozmo

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by mr_angry4
    I recently bought a network card in the same place. I was horrified when I got to work and found out it was ISA!!!

That is disgusting m8 :mad:

Hope u were able to return for a full refund

Just shows how careful we all must be in dealing with all UK retailers over here. No wonder that only M&S in Ireland was profitable last year. All other countries reported losses including UK. Grandiose new setups in Germany and France had to be shut down at great losses.

Advertisement