Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iol anytime

Options
  • 29-08-2003 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

i'm a new user, so i imagine this topic has come up before.
    my question is: having recently connected to iol anytime, why am i still able to log on with my netsmart account?
    do i have to ask esat bt to terminate the netsmart account. as i have a nasty feeling i'm going to get a bill for both in amonths time.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

yes you will get billed for both :(

happened to me, €100, €60 for 2 months of Anytime, and €40 for the last month of Netsmart.

Esat will automatically cancel the Netsmart account but you will be billed for your usage up to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

you will get billed the netsmart usage up until you switched to anytime, but you should not still be connected to netsmart at this stage, i dunno if i was lucky or not, but i never asked them to cancel the account, nevertheless 1 day after being connected to anytime, i checked my netsmart just to see and it was cancelled

But in your case youd better ring them up

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Kaimera
    €40 for the last month of Netsmart.

why were you billed €40

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I switched from Netsmart to Anytime.

They billed me for Netsmart up to the changeover date, then Anytime from then. The only problem was they forgot to give me the discount for signing up in July, so my bill was €20 too much. Sorted now, so they tell me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭myhandle

Originally posted by shinzon
    ...i checked my netsmart just to see and it was cancelled...

How did you know that it was cancelled?
    - engaged tone?
    - web page message?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

i reinstalled the netsmart number tried to dial in and the message came up this account is cancelled

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

I've been using Anytime for a month now. I sent them a letter with the application form for Anytime saying that I wanted to cancel Netsmart when Anytime was enabled. I just checked now and I can still log on to Netsmart. Guess I better re-check my bank statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭myhandle

Originally posted by oisin
    I've been using Anytime for a month now. I sent them a letter with the application form for Anytime saying that I wanted to cancel Netsmart when Anytime was enabled. I just checked now and I can still log on to Netsmart. Guess I better re-check my bank statement.
    The narrative for both NetSmart and Anytime debits is probably the same, "Esat Fusion", thus the only way to distinguish is by amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Checked with the people at esat about this - i had netsmart and changed to anytime- i was told that my netsmart a/c would automatically be cancelled when my anytime a/c started , but i still included a letter with the application form stating that i wanted my netsmart a/c cancelled -you never can be too sure

Advertisement